How to get seat assigned

wld

<font color=blue>Enjoyed an anniversary dinner at
I noticed reading the threads about flight changes that people already have seat assignments. I have never been able to do this when I book online. Anyone know how I can get the seat assignment ahead of time?

This would vary depending on what airline. I've always booked seat assignment online with Midwest Express and ATA.

What site are you using to book your tickets? On Delta you can go in at any time and pick your seats. On Expedia there is a prompt, but I have missed it at least once so it can be hard to find.

Even if you aren't able to choose your seats when booking online, simply call the airline after you complete your booking and ask for assignments. I have done this many times on various airlines and have never had a problem.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I've also called the airlines and given them my locator # and asked them if I can get seats assigned. This has always worked, unless the flight is full and the only seats left are in first class, business class, or reserved for frequent flyers. Even if there are no seats to assign, some airlines will let you register a preference of window or aisle, and then a seat might be assigned automatically. I was also told to call back 24 hours before the flight, when a number of seats become available for assignment.

We're set for a mid-November trip. When I called to make the flight reservations (with Northwest), they said I could get seat assignments 90 days out - which I did, BTW.

Also, NWA's policy on seat assignments was interesting, and new to me. I couldn't request bulkhead (front-row coach) seats in advance unless I was a "special assistance" passenger, and couldn't request exit-row seating in advance at all.

However, on the day of the flight, I could call to request bulkhead if it wasn't already taken, and can ask for exit-row only at the gate.

HTH.

Also, NWA's policy on seat assignments was interesting, and new to me. I couldn't request bulkhead (front-row coach) seats in advance unless I was a "special assistance" passenger, and couldn't request exit-row seating in advance at all.
I think I know the reason for both of those:
There are some "special assistance" passengers who need the bulkhead seats to travel. For example, some people who need the room to transfer from a wheelchair or to use walker. They should be getting their seat assignments ahead of time, so if the bulkhead seats are still unassigned when you check in, they are up for grabs.
It's kind of common knowledge that there is extra space between the exit rows and the row ahead of it. People who didn't meet the qualifications for sitting in the exit row were sometimes getting those assigned and didn't want to move. We've seen people with small children, people who looked about 80 years old and very frail and people who didn't speak any English coming into those seats and then the flight attendant having to talk to them about why they couldn't sit there. I guess it's easier to just not assign them ahead of time.

Thanks everyone I am flying NWA and getting close to that 90 days out. My favorite is the exit seat after being asked to sit there one time. Guess I'll have to get to the airport early for that one!!!

Exit row and bulkhead seating is usually kept for frequent flyer members. If you are more than the just the entry level member you can request those seats at any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter