How to get to Shanghai Disneyland?

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
How do you get to Shanghai Disneyland?

Currently GoogleMaps does show Shanghai Disneyland on the map, however the extension of the subway 11 isn't on there (yet). So figuring out how to get there, or how to go sightseeing, might be a challenge. I am using Baidu in my research for my Shanghai trip, the Chinese version of GoogleMaps, as others might run into the same problems I am posting my research here. I hope it helps.

Baidu is in Chinese only, but it is quite easy to navigate, very similar to GoogleMaps. With Google Translate you can get the directions you need.

(I would have posted this in my PTR, but as it's in the Tokyo section, that didn't make sense. @Disboards can you please reply to my e-mail and please move my PTR? :) )

General tip: As long as there are trip reports and vlogs of people telling that taxi drivers in Shanghai do not speak English or they can't find the resort, it is advised to take with you a note with important addresses in Chinese.

Note 1:

I haven't been there yet and didn't put it to the test. :P But as I am a bit terrified to go to a country where I don't speak the language, this gives me some peace of mind. For those who have already been there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Note 2:
In below example I use to get from the airport to the Toy Story Hotel. I know there is now a direct bus between the airport, some major stations and the Resort. However, if you would like to go sightseeing in Shanghai, or stay at a downtown hotel, etc. it might come in handy.

Step 1:
- Get the Chinese name/address of the place where you are want to start or finish your journey (airport, downtown hotel etc). It's usually on the website.
Step 2:
- Go to map.baidu.com
Like on GoogleMaps, put the name/address in the box on the top left corner. Click on the magnifying glass.
Step 3:
- Most likely Baidu gives you several options to check which place you mean. Select the one you need. With the Disney hotels, the name has a little bed-icon to indicate it's a hotel. When you click on the hotel, it will give you, like on GoogleMaps, a list of the rooms, the size of the room, price per night etc. You can book immediately, if you want to.
Baidu also has 'to' and 'from' buttons. Chose one of them.
Step 4:
- Fill in the Chinese name of your start or finish, depending if you chose 'to' or 'from' in the previous step. At the top you have icons for public transportation, car, walking and biking, like on Google maps.
Step 5:
- Select your departure time, if you want to see 'all transportation' or avoid subway, do you want the shortest route, recommended, less transfers or less walking. It also gives you an indication what a taxi would cost.
Step 6:
- Use Google Translate to translate the steps in your route. Like GoogleMaps Baidu gives how many stops it is between stations, which station you have to get off, in which direction you travel.

Ramada Pudong Airport: 浦东机场华美达酒店

Toy Story Hotel: 玩具总动员酒店
Toy Story Hotel No.360 West Shendi Rd.
Pudong New District, Shanghai, 201205, The People’s Republic of China
+86-21-2099-8003
上海市浦东新区申迪西路360号

Disneyland Hotel: 上海迪士尼乐园酒店
Shanghai Disneyland Hotel No.1009 West Shendi Rd.
Pudong New District, Shanghai, 201205, The People’s Republic of China
+86-21-2099-8002
上海市浦东新区申迪西路1009号

2vdr0qs.png

vcqhiw.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter