How to get to the Wine & Dine Finish Line from Bay Lake Tower to cheer?

Zhaan

Mouseketeer
My husband is running the Wine & Dine 1/2 this year. Assuming it ends at Epcot again, will the resort & Epcot monorail start running to Epcot early enough for me to get there to see him finish if I'm leaving from Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary? We're estimating his time will be around a 14 minute mile average and that he will be in a later starting corral (he did not enter a time to place in a corral).

I did not buy the cheer package nor do I intend to do so.

Thanks!

I’m not sure what time the monorail starts running during wine and dine weekend. I know it is running during marathon weekend. That would be an option if it’s running.

Otherwise I would probably suggest Uber.

So ever since Disney migrated the event guide to their web site (vs the old rodale versions), it is impossible to get an archived version. BUT I found the 2017 version and here is what it said.....(It will probably be similar, relevant comment in bold). So looks like you can catch a bus. But also, since monorails run 30 minutes before park opening, and assuming an Epcot open time of 9 am, there is a small chance of catching the regular monorail service to Epcot in time to see your DH.

DISNEY WINE & DINE HALF MARATHON PRESENTED BY MISFIT™

Bus Transportation
  • 3:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Buses running from Host Resorts to the Start Staging Area at Magic Kingdom®Park
  • 3:00 a.m. – 6:30 a.m. Buses running between Epcot® and Magic Kingdom® Park
  • 6:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Buses running from Host Resorts to Finish Line at Epcot®
  • NO Monorail Transportation will be available
  • Participants must board a bus no later than 4:00 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals on time.
  • Runner drop off is available in the Charter Lot of Epcot® or Magic Kingdom® Park.

Assuming his corral is closer to the 6:30 am start and he will finish in about 3 hours, you should be able to grab the monorail in time. Otherwise, there should be buses running--at minimum from TTC. I cheered on my husband and friend in 2017 for the marathon and was staying at BLT. After walking over to MK, I went to the parking lot to get a bus to AK and then another bus to DHS and finally to Epcot. Granted, I had more time to work with, but there were plenty of options for transportation. I would ask at check-in and plan accordingly, in case they change it up this year. FYI, I remember back in 2014 and our first 10k. We stayed at BLT and took the monorail to the race start. However, in 2017 and 2018, the monorail wasn't available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!