How to indicate the scooter is MINE

kimothee

Been there, done that!
Hi All,

Last time I went to WDW (Feb 2000) I was absolutely appauled at the lack of consideration by the CM's towards my personal motorized scooter (NOT a rental ECV). This wasn't just one instance; it was continual. Care was not taken when the scooter was moved to a holding area when I transferred onto a ride and there was no supervision of the holding area (little kids were climbing all over scooters and wheelchairs, people were leaning on scooters/wheelchairs that didn't belong to them, etc).

My scooter does not look like the rentals, but there was a marked difference from when I visited WDW in 1992 in the care used in handling my scooter when I transfered onto rides, etc, and making sure little kids didn't climb all over it. At that time, scooters were not commonly rented by people that didn't use them all the time in "real life".

Anyway, I am trying to find a tactful way to indicate that the scooter is MINE, not a rental. Any ideas?

Thanks.

[This message was edited by Kimothee on 04-09-01 at 04:48 PM.]

(Wheelsie is making a joke)

If I were you Id put a tazer on it so if its leaned upon or bothered in anyways....it WONT be anymore LOL :D

Seriousley tho...Welcome and I do hope you get some answers....

I dont think a sign or typing things to it will help in the keeping people away...but it would be better for identifying it...I hope this helps :)

Wheelsie Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
and
DisneyTips
wheelsie@mail.wdwinfo.com

yyc_mc.gif
wheelsie.gif

Click on the link in my signature, and look under Wheelchair and ECV tips - I think there is a section in there about accessories that might help make your trip easier and make your scooter look more customized.. I think it is still in there...

You might think of putting a sign on the seat somehow - do not play or climb on this scooter, or something like that.

galc.gif
DIS disABILITIES Discussion Board FAQ under construction!
"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

I saw a boy once at WDW with little notes all over his power wheelchair that said things like "Brakes are broken", "Do not push. Wheelchair likely to move out of control", "Steering doesn't work" "Danger os shock". I don't know if he had those signs to dsicourage people from touching it, but that is my guess, since he and his family wooulld know what didn't work, so they wouldn't need signs.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

You could borrow a page from someone staking a claim on a stroller with the same problem - they took a diaper, put it in a clear plastic bag (the father even poured a little rootbeer on it to give it that "lived in" look) and tied it to the handle of the stroller. You can bet the farm most folks aren't going to want to mess with that one! ;) And any parent whose child is climbing all over a wheelchair/EVC isn't going to want Jr. to get any nasty germs from that messy diaper!

90 honeymoon
95,98, 01 w/kids & grands

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter