How to link tickets to my disney exp app I have been emailed tickets staying off site and how can we do magic bands and link?

curlylocks

Earning My Ears
How to link tickets to my disney exp app I have been emailed tickets staying off site and how can we do magic bands and link?

you need to add the ticket to your MDE account on a computer, you're not able to do this thru the app. You'll need to decide who to assign the ticket to and then it will automatically be linked to any magic band you have attached to that profile. You can buy the bands in any of the stores once you're in Disney, even the ones in the airport if you're flying. Think of your MDE account as a vault and your band as a key, nothing is actually stored on the bands, they're just a way to access the information stored in your account.
have a great trip!

Last edited:
You should be able to link in the app. Tickets and Passes, click the + at the top right. You can use the ticket confirmation number.

Glad this topic came up... we have Magic Bands from an on-site stay in 2013. These bands show they are still activated in MDE. I’ve linked my new tickets for an off-site stay in 2 weeks; can I link my 2020 tickets to my 2013 Magic Bands, if I deactivate them? Also, what is the shelf life of a Magic Band?

Glad this topic came up... we have Magic Bands from an on-site stay in 2013. These bands show they are still activated in MDE. I’ve linked my new tickets for an off-site stay in 2 weeks; can I link my 2020 tickets to my 2013 Magic Bands, if I deactivate them? Also, what is the shelf life of a Magic Band?

I want to say that the shelf life (due to the battery) is about 3 years or so.

There are 2 parts to the MagicBand. One is long range which gives you the ride pics. The battery for this will probably be dead after 3-4 years. The short range part which allows you to tap to enter the park, open your resort room door, pay for purchases etc. will work indefinitely.

you need to add the ticket to your MDE account on a computer, you're not able to do this thru the app. You'll need to decide who to assign the ticket to and then it will automatically be linked to any magic band you have attached to that profile. You can buy the bands in any of the stores once you're in Disney, even the ones in the airport if you're flying. Just ask the cast member to help you attach them to your account Think of your MDE account as a vault and your band as a key, nothing is actually stored on the bands, they're just a way to access the information stored in your account.
have a great trip!
I just want to point out that although originally when you purchased a new magicband in person, the cast member at the register would happily help you attach it to your account, they no longer do this. They tell you that you need to visit MDE yourself to link your new band. I've purchased bands on two recent occasions and was told that they are no longer allowed to help link bands.

I just want to point out that although originally when you purchased a new magicband in person, the cast member at the register would happily help you attach it to your account, they no longer do this. They tell you that you need to visit MDE yourself to link your new band. I've purchased bands on two recent occasions and was told that they are no longer allowed to help link bands.
Wow, they just keep removing that personal touch don't they? I've deleted that part of my post to avoid any confusion for people. (unless they have that teeny-tiny number visible somewhere other than the back of the band i know these old eyes would have hella hard time doing this myself!)

Wow, they just keep removing that personal touch don't they? I've deleted that part of my post to avoid any confusion for people. (unless they have that teeny-tiny number visible somewhere other than the back of the band i know these old eyes would have hella hard time doing this myself!)
It is just on the back of the band.
The funny thing is, the last time that I wanted to add a new band to my account while onsite, I couldn't actually get a strong enough Wi-Fi signal to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter