How to lose some specific weight / body fat / mass?

Blackadder337

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

So in the past year I've gone from maybe 250lbs down to 220 lbs. I've done it through changes in diet as well as lots of treadmill work, skating and outdoor work in the nicer weather. I've also set my mileage for how far it would take to walk to WDW, if I stay on track, I just might make that mileage a week or two before we head there in October.

I've lost a few inches off of my waist, lost some pounds, not really any 'stretch marks' to speak of which is all good.

The one thing I'm having trouble with is umm.... man boobs. I guess i cant really complain as they're not that big, but I'd still like to reduce them in size a little if I can.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to how i might go about losing some of that? Lifting weights is probably an obvious answer, but I don't want them to fill out and be muscular, my goal is to reduce their size. I'm not a fitness expert so maybe weights will help reduce them too I'm not sure.

Anyone have any helpful recommendations?

No way to spot reduce, it just isn't doable. No you can do push ups and build the muscle under the fat then do cardio and work the fat off so those muscles will show. Lifting weights will produce muscle, muscle burns fat so it certainly wouldn't hurt and would help. But fat is fat is fat, doesn't matter if it's on your legs, arms or boobs, good old fashioned cardo is going to go a long way to reduce it, add some strength training to build up the muscles to burn the fat and watch your diet. No amount of exercise is going to work if you eat junk food all day.

First off great job on your changes that have led to your weight loss and healthier body!

Unfortunately target spot reduction isn't realistic, I have a steroid belly myself I'd love to reduce. But what I am finding is HIIT workouts are helping me break through the plateau, and I'm seeing some changes. I don't know if you're on Pinterest, but I've seen some workout examples there. I'm sure you could Google and find some work out that way too. Other changes I've made this year is adding protein into my diet. The trainer I'm working with suggested eating your bodyweight in protein grams, which is really difficult for me. but at least encouraged me to add in more and reduce my starchy carbs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts