How to make a boxed carrot cake better?

smilie

I've been unwonked!
I need to make a carrot cake, but I just don't have the time to do it from scratch.

What can I add to the boxed carrot cake mix to make it better?

I would add some cinnamon and even some fresh shredded carrot. Add some real cream cheese to canned frosting and mix together. When frosting a cake I take a narrow offset spatula and put rows of wavy lines across the top of the cake. Then I sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans on top or some green and orange sugar crystals. I made the two carrot cakes below from scratch but you can see what I was talking about with the toppings.

MJ

carrot cake1.jpg carrot cake2.jpg

Last edited:
I would add some cinnamon and even some fresh shredded carrot. Add some real cream cheese to canned frosting and mix together. When frosting a cake I take a narrow offset spatula and put rows of wavy lines across the top of the cake. Then I sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans on top or some green and orange sugar crystals. I made the two carrot cakes below from scratch but you can see what I was talking about with the toppings.

MJ

View attachment 369936 View attachment 369937

Yes to all this.

I add more fresh grated carrots, crushed pineapple, extra spices and nuts (cut down on water called for, just till right consistency) - in other words, basically just treat the cake mix as flour!! I like a moist carrot cake, then just ice as I usually do - cream cheese with nuts icing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter