How to make a split ressie

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
I’m way ahead, I know. I’m just waiting for ROFR.

The plan is to make a reservation for Beach Club one bedroom in June, 2021. If I pass, I have a June UY. So I was just going to do June 1-10 (too early to deal with a trip across use years.)

Now, at the 11 month mark I plan to make a reservation for my home resort AKV for the whole 10 days. At the 7 month mark, I would try to modify it for Beach Club.

I realize that I might not get 10 days straight at the Beach Club. So is there a preferred way to do the AKV side at 11 months? I’ve thought about a split stay, half at Beach Club and half somewhere else (NOW I get why people do that LOL). Should I do two AKV reservations?

How does the inability to book for longer than seven days come into play, if at all, at the 11 month window? I’m assuming I can do a ten day booking at 7 months if the room is available.

This June vacation would be pool centered, and I know it’s easier to book Beach Club in June. I’m kinda planning my fall vacations at my home resort and to hotel hop in a February and June vacations when the DVC low season is.

Not that I’ve given this much thought at all, or anything!

I would book it as two 5 night reservations if you want to try and change resorts at 7 nights so that if you need to wait list, you have less nights which is easier,

Since you can only book 7 nights at one time when booking at exactly st 7 months this will allow you to slowly get what you want!

I tried to do the same thing for May 2020, but for a two bedroom. Forget about it ...I couldn't even get 3 days strung together. BC isn't as easy to get as it used to be . I suspect part of that is because it's the last two weeks of F&G.

That being said, I did notice that 1BR had plenty of availability well past 7 month mark. Anyway, I like the idea of splitting the reservation. Then, if you cant get the whole ten days you'll probably be able to get at least five. If for some unforeseen reason you don't get BC at all, MS can tie those two AK reservations into one.

I'd probably spit it, but I would not LINK them (YET)

You can have issues modifying an existing linked reservation on line, which is the last thing you want. You want to be able to modify either on line if needed, at 8AM.

If you go to book BC at 7 months and only the first 4 days are available, you will not be able to modify your 1st reservation on line if its linked, you will have to call MS an hour later at 9, and your room could be gone.

6 months in advance is plenty of time to link a reservation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter