How to make one time donation to Patreon

wlw62

Earning My Ears
i went onto the patreon page and the only options I found, were recurring donations. How can I make a one time donation?

Once your monthly donation goes through you just unsubscribe from the patreon. That’s the only way I know how.

The point of Patreon is to give content creators sustainable monthly income. This allows them to focus on creating content and not worrying about how they are going to pay their bills that month.

The point of Patreon is to give content creators sustainable monthly income. This allows them to focus on creating content and not worrying about how they are going to pay their bills that month.
At this point, I support just one person. And she has made it very clear that any donation, of any amount, one time or monthly, is greatly appreciated.

Yeah - wow - even if you didn't MEAN your explanation to come out harsh, it sure came OUT that way. And I also understand the general "concept" is an ongoing support, but I do not think anybody would turn up their noses at a one time gift either. Not only would it be financially appreciated, it would be extremely bad manners, and rude, to say "where's your ongoing gift?". At least IMHO.

And yes - my thoughts are as an ongoing Patreon supporter, but I am still grateful to other fellow supports of excellent creators and content, because in the end, that benefits all of us. But I'm grateful whether they are ongoing, one-time, and big or little.

It always amazes me how free content in which a corporation (LLC, S, other) absorbs the cost, and is providing a public service, can be the ire of fire. Critiquing is one thing, but unjustified accusations is another level.

It always amazes me how free content in which a corporation (LLC, S, other) absorbs the cost, and is providing a public service, can be the ire of fire. Critiquing is one thing, but unjustified accusations is another level.
What are you referring to? What are the accusations of which you speak?

Ongoing subscriptions are literally the point of Patreon. Otherwise people could just put up a PayPal button with a Donate Now link. And by doing this they wouldn't have to give Patreon it's cut.

There are many people who are able to make content creation their full time job because they know they will earn at least x dollars each month.

How is it rude to point out the difference between the two models?

Ongoing subscriptions are literally the point of Patreon. Otherwise people could just put up a PayPal button with a Donate Now link. And by doing this they wouldn't have to give Patreon it's cut.

There are many people who are able to make content creation their full time job because they know they will earn at least x dollars each month.

How is it rude to point out the difference between the two models?
If your're asking me, I'll answer by saying sometimes it's not even WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. And if you're not asking me, I'll remember my manners, and say sorry for interrupting.

Another option if you wish to support The Dis, is to purchase some merchandise. I have purchased some of the shirts and they are of a robust quality for a polite price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter