How to Plan a Private Anniversary Dessert Party at Epcot

Hi all! My husband and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary this December and were toying with the idea of doing a dessert party for just a party of ten. Would love to do it at UK Pubside just for the opportunity for fireworks shots ....we did an Epcot shoot during our honeymoon and it was fabulous. Question is though, can you wear a wedding dress into the park if the dessert party isn't an add on to a Disney wedding package?

No, they won't let you wear a full-on wedding gown unless you do an event through Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings (which would mean buying a wedding/vow renewal package).

For UK Pubside and Lochside, could I tell DFTW that we're having 20 including ourselves (max for escape wedding) and pay as though there are 20 people if we really wanted those locations without waiting until a month out even if we end up having less than 20 people? It's possible we might have that many but it would be the max.

UK Pubside only holds 10 people. If 20 (well, 18 plus you two) is the number you're inviting, Disney will work based on that number and you can book UK Lochside. It's OK if some guests drop out later, as long as you pay the food and beverage minimums for 20 people.

UK Pubside only holds 10 people. If 20 (well, 18 plus you two) is the number you're inviting, Disney will work based on that number and you can book UK Lochside. It's OK if some guests drop out later, as long as you pay the food and beverage minimums for 20 people.

Thank you!!

Here's a podcast I did with step-by-step instructions for planning a small private event at Walt Disney World: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2016/07/06/how-to-plan-a-small-private-event-at-walt-disney-world/

I'll put it in the first post too for future reference.

Hi lurkyloo,

I just finished listening to this podcast episode - what great information! I visited your guest's website - adashofluxury.com - to see photos of the surprise birthday party she threw for her husband. I noticed in her text that she alludes to there being a $1000 minimum for a private catered event at Disney. I know you did your UK Pubside party last year for less than $600. Is $1000 the minimum now or does Disney just say that to put people off?

You are a great source of information - I used your information in the cake threads three years ago to order two custom cakes from YC/BC and they turned out wonderfully!

I'm so glad to hear about the cakes! I think she is just referring to that initial info Disney tries to scare you with. I know people who've done Epcot dessert parties more recently and spent less than that.

Hi Lurkyloo! I'm wondering if Fisney will plan a dessert party to go with the Star Wars fireworks. Do you know?

Yes! They can request you a spot in the same space reserved for the public fireworks dessert parties at DHS.

Yes! They can request you a spot in the same space reserved for the public fireworks dessert parties at DHS.
Do you think it's too late to pull something together for September? We are there mid month. What venues do they have on offer?

Thanks for getting back to me. You can always be counted on.

My planner got back to me this afternoon. She said we could do the regular dessert party or we could have a private dessert party in a venue next to Launch Bay but that we'd be on our own for the fireworks. I emailed her back to see if we could get approval for the private party and access to the preferred viewing area. If I'm going to the trouble of a dessert party, I want a good spot for the fireworks.

If that can't be done I will pursue a dessert party with Illuminations like I did last year.

I wonder if any one else has done a dessert party to go with the Star Wars fireworks?

Wonder what the venue fee will be and the minimums? I'll probably have to wait until Monday. This is exciting. Dh suggested today that we do this again for my birthday. I'm okay with that!

@Disney_Alli had a Fantasmic dessert party and they got us a private area to watch the frozen fireworks after our party was a little delayed because we were moved inside. They held an area for us in the fp viewing area I believe

Our DP was delayed and moved inside due to rain so we would have missed the first Fantasmic. We were able to enjoy our food then move outside to a small section of what appeared to be the FP+ area for the Frozen fireworks and then we were lead to Fantasmic. Maybe you could ask if they'd hold a small area for you? Not sure if there is a FP+ area for the Star Wars fireworks though.

No. I can't place it either. My thinking is we will end up back at Epcot. Which is perfectly wonderful. We had a blast last year.
How long should I wait to hear back from my planner? No word from her today. Our party is scheduled for September 19 if we can get the venue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter