How to purchase annual DVC discounted passes with gift cards online?

Bearval

DIS Veteran
How do you use gift cards to purchase the annual DVC discounted annual passes before your trip so you can select your fast passes at the 60 day mark?

You can only use ONE Disney Gift Card online. If necessary, you can consolidate gift card balances at DisneyGiftCard.com.

If you call MS to purchase, they can accept TWO Disney Gift Cards and any remaining balance due must be paid using a major Credit/Debit Card.

You can buy them one by one to get around the one gift card rule online. Each gold AP is ~$744 including tax if I remember correctly. Just buy each AP separately, and after combining gift cards, you will be within the $1000 max you can put on any 1 gift card.

Last edited:
Not to somewhat hijack this thread, but I have unused and expired tickets in my account. Is there any possible way of doing what the OP is asking about, but in addition to the gift cards, also using the expired ticket value? I was told that I need to do it in person, but like the OP, I would like to be able to purchase the AP's ahead of time (and I can't do so in person), so I can use them to get FP's.

Great questions, how about a renewal? Can you use gift cards to pay for your renewal?

Great questions, how about a renewal? Can you use gift cards to pay for your renewal?
You have to call MS to renew at the DVC price and they can accept up to TWO Disney Gift Cards by phone. Any remaining balance must be paid using a major credit/debit card.

Not to somewhat hijack this thread, but I have unused and expired tickets in my account. Is there any possible way of doing what the OP is asking about, but in addition to the gift cards, also using the expired ticket value? I was told that I need to do it in person, but like the OP, I would like to be able to purchase the AP's ahead of time (and I can't do so in person), so I can use them to get FP's.

Unfortunately, you can not upgrade tickets to the AP online or through MS. only at Guest Relations,

Also, you can only apply one ticket to be upgraded to an AP. If any of the tickets you have in the account assigned to you have enough Days on them to make all your FPs, then just use that.

I did that in October, Needed only 4 days of FP..had a 5 day ticket. Booked my passes using that and then just upgraded when I got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter