How to stop the guessing of wrapped Christmas presents

1 year I totally had my DD's baffled by using disney names for all their gifts. While Christmas shopping DH an I found fabulous deals on Pooh jackets DD #1 was Tigger getting Tigger jacket DD#2 was Eeyore getting Eeyore jacket and DD#3 Pooh getting a Pooh jacket. They asked unanswered questions for days as to WHY such strange names etc They was 20, 19 and 9 yrs old at the time. It worked well for that 1 year but I knew I could never pull it off again.

Then there was the Christmas I was 13 and wanted a TV for my room. On Christmas eve mom put all the gifts out under the tree....We wasn't allowed to touch them but there was a TV box under the tree that was not wrapped I just knew it was MY TV.

To my disappointment there was NO TV in the TV box but my brothers boots THERE was NO little TV to be had not even for me.

I was the child OP is posting about, lol. In my case, I would ask my Mom which gift was for which person. If she screwed up, and she always did, I would unwrap that package, find my gifts, and then re-wrap them. This did teach me to become a really good gift wrapper. Now, though, I like being surprised.

One year, my mother put gifts under her tree a couple weeks before Christmas (I didn't live there, I lived with my grandparents). All of the tags had numbers on them. It was something like odd #s 1-9 were for me, even #s 2-8 were my twin brother and anything double digits was for younger brother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter