How to structure 1 day? 2 adults, 2 kids (6 & 4), no big rides

Mom2Anna&Elsa

DIS Veteran
I feel like I'm a master at Disney touring plans but I am lost at Sea World. We are going for one day, a weekday, during our spring break in the last week of March. I know the park will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. I purchased the 'dine with orcas' option at 12:30 that day for us for lunch. We're not into big coasters-- the only real rides of interest are Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin and then the Sesame Street area. I think I've read Antarctica: EofP doesn't open until 1 hour after opening, is that true? Our focus will be shows and exhibits (should I buy the reserved seating add-on for the shows for us with spring break crowds?).

We have the VIP pass for Sesame Street Land that includes unlimited 'fast pass' for the Grover Box Car coaster, priority access for meet & greet with Elmo & Cookie Monster, and VIP spot for the parade (2 p.m.). With Dine with Orcas at 12:30, I'm sure we will leave right from there to the parade since I'm reading lunch is an hour....I hope we have enough time, feels like it's cutting it close since they want us to check in 15 min before parade. I'm unsure how to structure the rest of my day and how opening procedures work at Sea World. I have purchased tickets ahead of time on Undercover Tourist, I'm guessing I still need to turn in the voucher at a ticket booth for them upon entry or do those work as the tickets?

I wish the Touring Plans website had a TP I could configure for Sea World because I feel out of my element.

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions on what to hit up when would be huge! I'm researching Undercover Tourist's touring plan, maps, etc.

as soon as you're inside get a schedule for the day .... don't rely on anything you saw b4 you get there as the show schedule changes regularly.

THEN find a place to sit for 5 or 10 and plan your shows ..... there will be a 'recommendation' and you can be sure plenty of people will follow this and result is a large MASS moving around the park! Since you have some other things already locked in you want to do some scheduling to ensure you see what you want to see. IF you are using the APP I'd STILL verify with the day's printed schedule.

and hint ... watch the weather .... if there is anything in the forecast about afternoon thunderstorms be aware that if thunder happens virtually everything outside shuts down ... shows, rides, parades ..... everything outside. It stays shut until there is a 30 minute thunder/lightening free period. A new boom, starts the 30 min clock again . . .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!