How to Uber/Lyft to DHS?

NRW2016

Mouseketeer
We're staying at POP but want to get to Hollywood Studios in an early position for rope dropping. I'm confused why I've read some people mention that you can't be dropped off at the Boardwalk anymore without masking it as a mobile pickup order.

We'll have a car but the parking lot seems to be an issue with getting there at the right time to line up. And the Skyliner can be a bit of a variable as well.

Is the Swan the safest best to be dropped off via Uber/Lyft and walk to DHS? Thanks all!

We're staying at POP but want to get to Hollywood Studios in an early position for rope dropping. I'm confused why I've read some people mention that you can't be dropped off at the Boardwalk anymore without masking it as a mobile pickup order.

Because you won't be allowed into the parking lot unless you have a reason to be there. Either a resort reservation or a restaurant reservation. This is due to COVID restrictions.

We'll have a car but the parking lot seems to be an issue with getting there at the right time to line up. And the Skyliner can be a bit of a variable as well.

Is the Swan the safest best to be dropped off via Uber/Lyft and walk to DHS? Thanks all!
for the shortest walk, have them drop you off at the Speedway gas station
https://goo.gl/maps/dUFfsVap84zBEXkK8
as opposed to Swan
https://goo.gl/maps/vunST6MbTQgAsbBw6

Any suggestion for what time to plan to arrive at DHS when walking? Park opens at 10a.

Increasing numbers of people seem to be doing this. I hope the Speedway doesn’t feel they need to restrict it in some way. It might be good if people start buying something there before beginning their walk.

We were planning on getting some coffee and snacks there first. But I am hoping this stays somewhat of an insider secret.

Yes, I've done this walk several times

Thank you! I'm going with kids so I just wanted to be sure.

We were planning on getting some coffee and snacks there first. But I am hoping this stays somewhat of an insider secret.

Thank you! I'm going with kids so I just wanted to be sure.

one of the reasons we are staying at the Yacht club is to avoid Uber. We were booked for the cabins and planning on taking an Uber. If it does go ‘viral’, just imagine seeing a steady line of people walking from the speedway. Would be interesting to see if Disney would do anything.

one of the reasons we are staying at the Yacht club is to avoid Uber. We were booked for the cabins and planning on taking an Uber. If it does go ‘viral’, just imagine seeing a steady line of people walking from the speedway. Would be interesting to see if Disney would do anything.
They’re just joining the steady line of people walking from BW and BC and YC and S/D! I can’t see Disney objecting.

It SEEMS like there are a lot of us that know about this, but honestly we're a very, very small percentage of Disney visitors, and we're not all there at the same time.

Increasing numbers of people seem to be doing this. I hope the Speedway doesn’t feel they need to restrict it in some way. It might be good if people start buying something there before beginning their walk.
We will probably pick up some delicious gas station breakfast sandwiches and munch on them during the walk.

this gas station is a popular meeting place for CM friends and family that are going to be passed into the parks so seeing people coming and going without any purchase is not new to them

This is what we plan to do. pick up water and snacks before walking over.

I think it's the easiest and shortest walk for sure, shorter than any of the resorts

Is there signage for the walkway? I've zoomed in, but I'm not seeing anything that says "Hey!!!! This is the way to Hollywood Studios!!" LOL!

Is there signage for the walkway? I've zoomed in, but I'm not seeing anything that says "Hey!!!! This is the way to Hollywood Studios!!" LOL!
It's pretty obvious. Im planning on going to wilderness lodge today, if the weather isn't too terrible I'll go to the gas station and take video of the walk to give everyone a clear view. I'll post here later tonight if was able to record

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter