How Tour SW

brockash

DIS Veteran
Disney vet, but with Disney being closed; we're changing our trip and will be doing Sea World for 1 day. I have no idea how to tour a new park lol. We're staying at Townplace Suites, so I guess we get quick que? Not totally sure what that means, but in any event; can you tell me what rides/attractions we should hit first etc? We've got kids at most age groups lol. Tia!

Us too. We had a trip scheduled to Disney for my 40th birthday and are going to do 3 days at Universal and one at Sea World. We are big coaster fans so I'm really excited to go.

Sea World is not a one day park so it helps to go in knowing you won't be able to do everything. I've never used Quick Queue because I don't find the waits long when I go and I'm a little cheap! But, if you can splurge, it can't hurt!

When I'm travelling with a group of multi ages, etc. I find it helpful to look at the park offerings and having everyone pick what are their must do items. Then make sure to do those early. This is especially important for key rides and shows as there is just no way to do it all in one day.

While I like the shows, I love the coasters so I head straight to Mako or Manta.

Also, curlymom - if you are a coaster fan, have you considered a trip out to Busch Gardens? My family is made up of coaster junkies and Busch Gardens is our top pick for those.

We are in NC, we've been to the Busch Gardens in Williamsburg VA but it's been a while. I've seen the rides in Tampa though, and it will happen one of these days. Our kids are mixed on if they like rides, but they aren't coming this trip, so we'll hit those harder and save some of the shows for when we bring them along. I'm actually super easy to please, as long as there is something good to eat and a bar. I think we'll do lunch at Waterway Grill or Voyagers, they both look pretty good.

We are in the same boat. We had planned to be at WDW and now are looking at Seaworld. We've been to the one in San Diego, but the rides there are apparently much milder than the ones in Orlando, so we're looking forward to the difference!

We are also hoping to visit Busch Gardens, but don't know if they will officially be open? We want to buy a combo ticket for both parks, but not unless they are open.

Also, if we open SW at rope drop, then drive to Tampa and visit BG, do we use 2 admissions on our multi-day ticket or just 1? (i.e. is parkhopping allowed?)

I think you are talking about a 2 or 3 park ticket. The fine print on those tickets seems to indicate that each park visited would use up an entitlement but I am hanging around here to see if your situation of park hopping is an exception. I only have experience with the 14 day ticket which is unlimited park hopping during the 14 consecutive days.

Edit: Because Busch Gardens is in Tampa Bay, their guidelines are different than WDW and SeaWorld. I am anxious to see when they will open but haven't heard anything at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter