~How TWO trips became...who knows? ~ It's a TRIP! and an upgrade.... 4/22

Well...for Mark! And for all of you guys wanting PICTURES!!

I will give ya some. In no particular order...

NONE of these pictures show her "stuff" on her wheelchair. Each time we were taking pictures we had taken the main head thing off - because she didn't want to wear it at any of these events.

I will start with Science Fair -

This was her project. She had already won 1st place in the Regional Fair (which includes the central part of Mississippi).

IMG_2304.jpg

But she had some stiff competition in the State Fair.

IMG_2308.jpg

She presented her project to the judges (which I have no pictures of...but imagine all of these people coming around dressed in suits and asking a bunch of questions!)

Then it was time for the Awards!

They asked her to come sit down on the floor of the Coliseum - which was a very good sign!

IMG_2314.jpg

This is a really cool picture, because she plans to go to school at MS State and this was in their big Basketball Coliseum! So...possibly here at her future school!

And......

She WON!!! FIRST PLACE in her DIVISION! :woohoo:

IMG_2344.jpg

There she is with her First Place Medal!

We were SOOOOO proud of her! She had never participated in science fair before and this was basically a testimony to her ability to communicate effectively with the judges. It was a great success!

So much so that she was invited to go to the School Board meeting the following week and get a School Board Achievement Award, too!

Then on that Friday, she was asked to speak on behalf of Make a Wish on the Radio...

This was so much fun!!

photo-54.jpg

(I took her neck thing off in that picture...but she does have her new seating there...can you tell she is sitting up really straight?)

We had a blast at the radio station and she did a great job explaining what Make a Wish does for families. And of course plugged Disney!! :cool1:

That night she was given BACK STAGE PASSES to the Toby Mac and Skillet Concert!

Her precious family waiting at the doors to be let in for a special event BEFORE the concert!

IMG_2362.jpg

This girl can create a MIRROR out of ANYTHING! :rotfl2:

IMG_2402.jpg

And their VIP seats. :thumbsup2

IMG_2407.jpg

And someone in their band?? Anyone have any idea who these guys are?

IMG_2452.jpg

Then.....

It was time......

For the BIG NIGHT!!!

Her Junior PROM! :dance3: :cloud9:

She was just beautiful!

First...the bad pic, but it gives you an idea of what her neck looks like without all of the junk on her chair... :sad1::sad1::sad1:

photo-52.jpg

But then she transforms into .....

LaurenProm2010085.jpg

(We had some silk fabric rigged to hold her up straight!! Worked like a charm!)

Isn't she beautiful!

She has had a very successful and very busy three weeks! :faint:

Next up......

A JUNE Adventure into.......Outer Space?

WOO-HOO, LAUREN!!!!! I didn't see that she had won until just now!! That is just awesome! :banana::banana::banana:

Tessa is loving Lauren's prom dress! Sequin and cheetah print!!! She is dying over here! :faint:

Hey Little Miss Touring Partner!

Been a while since I've mosied over here- and lookey what I find!!

She is beyond gorgeous!! She really looks lovely and radiant!

Love the dress!

So many fun accomplishments for her lately- BIG congrats, Lauren!:thumbsup2

That dress is Jordan's dream come true (like Tessa's!) - sequins and leopard!

She looks radiant and I will say again how she truly impresses me with all she has accomplished and the things I know she will continue to accomplish!

Lauren in beautiful! I love her choice for a prom dress. She must be so proud of all of her recent accomplishments! Please tell her Congratulations! :banana::banana::banana:

Great update on Lauren.

Skillet!!! Love them, but couldn't pick them out in a crowd.

She's really coming into her own! Prom. Radio. Awards!

She's putting the rest of us to shame.

Lauren, you rock!

Finally got to see all of the pics. They are great and yes, Lauren has been very busy the past few weeks. Did she enjoy Prom?

WOW Lauren has been busy...

Congrats on the medal for the science fair!!!!!

She looks so much older in the prom pic.. very pretty! ::yes::

WOO-HOO, LAUREN!!!!! I didn't see that she had won until just now!! That is just awesome! :banana::banana::banana:

Tessa is loving Lauren's prom dress! Sequin and cheetah print!!! She is dying over here! :faint:

:)

Lauren said to tell Tessa hello! :wave2:

Hey Little Miss Touring Partner!

Been a while since I've mosied over here- and lookey what I find!!

She is beyond gorgeous!! She really looks lovely and radiant!

Love the dress!

So many fun accomplishments for her lately- BIG congrats, Lauren!:thumbsup2

Lauren says, "HI LIESA FROM _________STAN!!!" And yes...it has to be in caps. She screamed it!

And she says thank you, too!

That dress is Jordan's dream come true (like Tessa's!) - sequins and leopard!

She looks radiant and I will say again how she truly impresses me with all she has accomplished and the things I know she will continue to accomplish!

I don't really know what possessed her to try it on...it is not her usual frilly dress...but it looked really good on her!!

She says to say hello to Jordan! Said that Jordan is "Muffin's friend." :rotfl2:

Lauren in beautiful! I love her choice for a prom dress. She must be so proud of all of her recent accomplishments! Please tell her Congratulations! :banana::banana::banana:

She is really excited about everything! She is doing really well!!

And she said thank you, too! And then she said, "Who is that?" :lmao:

I will explain later and show her your TR's. :)

Great update on Lauren.

Skillet!!! Love them, but couldn't pick them out in a crowd.

She's really coming into her own! Prom. Radio. Awards!

She's putting the rest of us to shame.

Lauren, you rock!

She had so much fun at that concert!! :) And you are right, she really IS coming into her own! :)

Lauren said thank you very much! And she said you are too popular for her to keep up with your TR. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: And she said I shouldn't write that. Whatever. HA!

Finally got to see all of the pics. They are great and yes, Lauren has been very busy the past few weeks. Did she enjoy Prom?

Yeah...sorry about being so late!

Lauren said to say Hi to Lisa from Mississippi! :wave2:

WOW Lauren has been busy...

Congrats on the medal for the science fair!!!!!

She looks so much older in the prom pic.. very pretty! ::yes::

Totally! She has gotten busy so WE have gotten busy!

And she has gotten old so we are getting OLD! :rotfl:

She says hello and to tell Juliana and Mel hello. (She forgot you! :rotfl2:) She is cracking me up. And she said not to type that either.

She is going to have to get her own user name if she wants to have editing privileges. :rolleyes1

Tell Lauren that we Vice Presidents have to stick together. tell her one of my many responsibilities was all school elections...I also did daily announcements.

I don't really know what possessed her to try it on...it is not her usual frilly dress...but it looked really good on her!!

She says to say hello to Jordan! Said that Jordan is "Muffin's friend." :rotfl2:

Love all of Lauren's comments! And I agree - if she wants editing privileges she needs her own user name.

Jordan will be thrilled that a) a big kid knows who she is and b) that she knows her as Muffin's friend

Awwwwww...Lauren looks so amazing!!! I thought she would be all frilled out, but she chose va-va-va-voooom! :goodvibes

I pray more favor comes her way. :woohoo:

Yeah...sorry about being so late!

Lauren said to say Hi to Lisa from Mississippi! :wave2:

Oh!!!!! :eek: I didn't mean it to sound that way, like I had been waiting forever for you to post pics. I meant I finally got to VIEW them. I read Dis at lunch at work and I can't view pics there cause of the firewall.:sad2: I have to wait until I am at home. Stupid firewall, but at least I can still get to the Dis!:thumbsup2

:wave: Hi back at ya Lauren. :goodvibes

The pics of Lauren are all wonderful. The science fair is a fantastic achievement, and she looks just glowing in her prom pics. Perfect!

Tell Lauren that we Vice Presidents have to stick together. tell her one of my many responsibilities was all school elections...I also did daily announcements.

I am pretty excited to see what her responsibilities will be for next year. She seems to have the idea right now that the whole thing is sort of run by committee, but I think she will find that she has more specific responsibilities as she learns more about what the position handles. I do know that she will be responsible for raising money for Make a Wish - which really fires me up!! And she is super excited about that. :)

Love all of Lauren's comments! And I agree - if she wants editing privileges she needs her own user name.

Jordan will be thrilled that a) a big kid knows who she is and b) that she knows her as Muffin's friend

Definitely! So...what should her user name be? She totally needs to sign up for one! :)

Awwwwww...Lauren looks so amazing!!! I thought she would be all frilled out, but she chose va-va-va-voooom! :goodvibes

I pray more favor comes her way. :woohoo:

lol

va-va-voooom is right! That child was even showing some leg! :rotfl:

Oh!!!!! :eek: I didn't mean it to sound that way, like I had been waiting forever for you to post pics. I meant I finally got to VIEW them. I read Dis at lunch at work and I can't view pics there cause of the firewall.:sad2: I have to wait until I am at home. Stupid firewall, but at least I can still get to the Dis!:thumbsup2

:wave: Hi back at ya Lauren. :goodvibes

Oh, no...I didn't mean that all harsh on my end! :hug:

I love that you can get to the DIS at work! :)

The pics of Lauren are all wonderful. The science fair is a fantastic achievement, and she looks just glowing in her prom pics. Perfect!

She was totally glowing all night!! :)

Definitely! So...what should her user name be? She totally needs to sign up for one! :)

Well, I always think of her dressed as Tink on her wish trip and there is a kids book called Pinkalicious that talks about how fabulous everything pink is so my idea for a user name is . . .

Tinkalicious - 'cause I love that Tink photo and Lauren is fabulous so she's Tinkalicious

Well, I always think of her dressed as Tink on her wish trip and there is a kids book called Pinkalicious that talks about how fabulous everything pink is so my idea for a user name is . . .

Tinkalicious - 'cause I love that Tink photo and Lauren is fabulous so she's Tinkalicious

I think this would be a great name for her. It fits!:thumbsup2

I think this would be a great name for her. It fits!:thumbsup2

Lauren took the wind out of my sails about this yesterday...said she only has time for HOMEWORK. No DIS. :sad2: She was so adament, too!

Good grief! Priorities! :confused3

Maybe over the summer??? In preparation for our big November trip?

Maybe!

I have NEWS!!!!!

On the Trip Front!

This one is JUNE!

And nothing has been announced about it yet...so a formal announcement is due!

BUT.......

My friend Sarah - who you guys know from the Feb 09 trip - is back in the States! And she is dating a special someone....And he is a Star Wars fan! (She is too...and I am a mild fan.)

So...she wants to go to Star Wars Weekend!

The only weekend we can go (all three of us) is June 11-13.

I had us booked at an offsite hotel to save some money...and was trying to do this with just renting a car (I am flying, they are driving)...but when I realized that the Extra Magic Hours would really add a lot of value to our quick trip, I decided to see what would be available at the Swan/Dolphin or onsite. I was leaning toward the Dolphin because of the great location....

so.........

I called Disney to just check rates and availability and found out that I had......

wait for it....:rolleyes1

wait for it....:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

a PIN!!!!! :dance3: :cool1: :woohoo:

For FREE DINING!!! :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2: :woohoo: :cool1: :yay:

Which works REALLY well!

Since we have to have two rooms - one of our rooms will have the dining/tickets and one of our rooms will have just me (Sarah will still bunk with me! ;)). Not sure how that worked, it was all the CM's doing, but it did!

We will only be in the parks for 2 days...so they are getting FREE DINING for their stay!!!

Of course, I am just the third wheel anyway...they already have dining reservations for just the two of them :rolleyes1 (solo time for me!!) and I was planning a trip to Universal during my solo time....

But that just got kicked out the window for now. Universal can't make up their mind when they want to open Harry Potter...so for now I am going to skip getting a rental car and just take the ME to our resort and stay on property all weekend long!

So...where are we staying????

POP!!!! :love:

I am going to try...for the 3rd time...to reserve and actually STAY at the POP. Do you think I can do it? Surely we won't get another upgrade! Heck, the FREE DINING is the upgrade to me!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter