How we made the most of the silver plan

kitkatsmom

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread.

We just got back from disney and took advantage of the silver plan.

Before I left I found lots of thread from people wondering if the silver plan was worth it.

I thought I'd post my experience with it.

We paid for 2 children and 3 adults to be on the silver plan for 7 nights.

After totaling that up and subtracting what we spent we came out $237.85 in our favor.

We used the silver plan to see:
Hoop de doo, Spirit of Aloha, Cirque La' Nubia

We also had the following character meals:
Cinderella,
Princess (in epcot)
Chef Mickeys (2 times)
Crystal Palace

We ate at the following places:
Rainforest cafe (animal kingdom)
Alfredos (epcot - italy)
Coral Reef
Artist point
Sci Fi Cafe

We used the neverland child care facility also for 3 hours (3 kids)

It was totally worth it for us to have the silver plan.
However if we go back again in a year or two I won't get it again.
We wouldn't need to see cirque or the other two shows again so soon.
That's where you really make your money up. Cirque for 5 people was over 300.00
Hoop de doo and spirit of aloha were nearly 200.00 each

Our most expensive meal was at rainforest cafe believe it or not.
5 people for lunch and the bill was just under 250.00
Insane!

Well just thought I would share my experience with the silver plan

Sounds like you guys did really well with your plan. RFC can be very expensive. We don buy the packages but we do get the vouchers to use there and it really makes a difference.

Did you use all your wishes? I'm nervouse that we'll be getting ready to go to the airport and still have wishes.

And was Coral Reef 1 wish or 2? I've read 2 but someone else on here insisted it was 1.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with the Silver Plan. It seems that if you sit down and really plan it out, you can make a plan work to your advantage. But, as you said, it probably wouldn't pay off to do a plan on multiple trips - you would have to repeat things just to get your money's worth.

Originally posted by CharlesandCamilla
And was Coral Reef 1 wish or 2? I've read 2 but someone else on here insisted it was 1.

I know you were asking the OP, but all of the info I have found is the Coral Reef is 2 wishes Silver Plan, and 1 wish for the Gold plan. When I called it is a CM they informed me it is definetly 2 wishes for the silver. Just thought I would put my 2cents in.:yo-yo:

Can someone explain the silver plan to me? I read up on it a while back and I though it didn't look like a very good plan but for you it seemed to work out great and you ate at the same type of places as I did. Maybe I didn't understand it completely. I know it is like one meal a day, but what type of places can you eat at? I'm just wondering how "worth it" it would be. We weren't planning on gettting a package, but if it worked out to be a deal, then maybe. Can you use AP's with the packages?:confused:

Maybe I didn't understand it completely. I know it is like one meal a day,

You get 2 wishes per night you stay per person.

Example: We were 5 people saying 7 nights so we received a total of 70 wishes.

You can use the wishes per day for meals, shows, activites (spas, child care, parasailing etc.)

We opted to use the majority of them for food.

I booked us into the more expensive places to eat since I wanted to really get my money's worth.

Most days we had a breakfast and a dinner covered under the plan. Some days I did an early lunch and later dinner.

Either way is fine as you get an appitizer, meal, dessert and beverage so you leave stuffed and don't really need 3 meals a day.

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Did you use all your wishes? I'm nervouse that we'll be getting ready to go to the airport and still have wishes.

We used everyone. I made sure I planned it.

If you did happen to have an extra wish or two left they do have things you can buy in the gift shops with them.

However with just a bit of careful planning you can make sure you use them all.

Just create a list with columns showing the wishes you have and the wishes you've used (kind of like a check register)

this way you can keep track of them all.
Then just book all your meal and activites and subtract the wishes as you go.

Coral reef was 2 wishes per person (I didn't waste those wishes on the kids meals there and had paid cash for them. It's nice disney lets you use wishes for some people and pay cash for others in your party)

Artist point was also 2 wishes and NOT WORTH it if you ask me.

Originally posted by kitkatsmom

Coral reef was 2 wishes per person (I didn't waste those wishes on the kids meals there and had paid cash for them. It's nice disney lets you use wishes for some people and pay cash for others in your party)

I'm glad you posted that about Artists Point kitkatsmom. I had been waivering about using our wishes there.

This trip will be our third using the silver plan.We've never done any of the shows, and mainly use our wishes for meals .
Like you, I plan and plan some more to make sure we will get our money's worth.
My DH loves the plan, and insists that he will not do Disney any other way.

Chris

Hi. We are also thinking of going with the silver plan, but have some questions. We are 2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant. We get 6 wishes per day for 42 total wishes. If we go one day to Circque de Sol, that is 6 wishes. Would I then not be able to use wishes that day for eating at the restaurants? My question is basically, do we get all 42 when check in to use as we wish or only 6 per day? Also, I know it was posted what restaurants can be used at. Anyone have the link?

Thanks,
Barbara

You can use all 42 in one day if you wanted to. There is no limit on how many you can use in a day. :)

Originally posted by kitkatsmom
We used everyone. I made sure I planned it.

If you did happen to have an extra wish or two left they do have things you can buy in the gift shops with them.

However with just a bit of careful planning you can make sure you use them all.

Just create a list with columns showing the wishes you have and the wishes you've used (kind of like a check register)

this way you can keep track of them all.
Then just book all your meal and activites and subtract the wishes as you go.

Coral reef was 2 wishes per person (I didn't waste those wishes on the kids meals there and had paid cash for them. It's nice disney lets you use wishes for some people and pay cash for

thers in your party)

Now I know the plan has changed! When we went Coral Reef and Artist Point were only 1 wish each, unfortunately they raised the stakes! Artist Point is not worth 2 wishes personally!
KitKatsmom, we did the same thing and paid cash for alot of the kids meals! Then, we used their saved wishes for adult meals(and legacy tiles)!

We just used the plan and broke even. We had a great time
3 of us DH, myself and DD age 8. We also paid for some of DD's meals. They used her wishes to parasail

Where can I find out how many wishes each restaurant is worth? And is it true with each meal you can get an appitizer, meal, drink, and dessert? Someone said that and I'm in shock!! How much extra is this plan? I'm assuming you have to add it on to the basic plan and can't just get it on it's own with no plan.

Where can I find out how many wishes each restaurant is worth? And is it true with each meal you can get an appitizer, meal, drink, and dessert? Someone said that and I'm in shock!! How much extra is this plan? I'm assuming you have to add it on to the basic plan and can't just get it on it's own with no plan

I found info about how many wishes each thing was worth right on disneyworld.com
I just searched it then printed out the booklet.

Breakfast you don't get an appitizer. It's more like your meal, coffee etc.
But lunch and dinner yes. You get appitizer, meal, dessert, non alch. beverage.

Kids need to order off the kids menu at most places though so that's why it's sometimes better to pay cash for them and use their wishes for your activities.

The cost is 68.00 per day for adults and 35.00 per day for children (per person) For that you get 2 wishes a day.

We added it on to the dreammaker plan I think?
Not sure.
You also get a few additional bonuses with it.
Lots of info about it right on disneyworld.com and even mousesavers and a few other sites have lots of info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter