• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How/When to tell the kids we are going!

Libade

Mouseketeer
My girls are 8 and 9, and we've been to the world 3 times in the past 4 years. I told them we were NOT going to Disney again for a while. I really planned on doing something else for vacation - maybe a cruise next year.

When I found out about the free dining, I changed my mind and booked another trip. They don't know.

I'm debating whether I should tell them early. Tell them last minute, or drive them to the airport on the big day.

I don't want them to wish their summer away (like I am) since the trip is at the end of August.

But, I want them to have the excitement of knowing.

and, if they know even a week ahead of time, it'll be so much easier to pack.

So, what do you think?

Surprise them!

I'm not telling our boys, not even once we're on the road. They think we are going to the mountains for a week. We're going to see how long it them to figure it out. Maybe as we pull up to the Wilderness Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter