Howl O Scream Sea World 2023-Update 2024 Dates Announced!

For those :blush:who missed the tix sale on the SW website…

UT still has the dated discounted tix for sale

example: opening night 9/8 (Fri) was $33.05 pp, all in

How important is Express for Howl of Scream? I will go Friday 29th, I want to do all houses and if possible the shows. Uninterested in any attraction.
Should I buy the Express? Does it increase in price as it gets nearer? I leave Orlando the following day, so in case of bad weather I cannot simply reschedule.

How important is Express for Howl of Scream? I will go Friday 29th, I want to do all houses and if possible the shows. Uninterested in any attraction.
Should I buy the Express? Does it increase in price as it gets nearer? I leave Orlando the following day, so in case of bad weather I cannot simply reschedule.

We did it last year and it was our first time there, we were with keishashadow and her husband and we were all very glad we had their version of EP.

Never having been to the event there before I was surprised at the lines for the houses, they were long. And they work their lines much better than Universal do, no constant conga lines which was fabulous as you went in smaller groups so you got to see all the scares and it was an overall better experience.

So, yes, I`d recommend their version of EP.

Thinking about checking out this event on the last night of our Orlando trip… it would be after an early MK day on a party day, thoughts? We’d probably go back to our resort around 3/4 and shower/change before Ubering over.

How scary is this event? I love Halloween but I can also be a little jumpy. Also… there’s no fear pass for the night I’m looking at, Thursday 10/26. Does that mean lines will be assumed lower? I think we’d prioritize 2-3 houses (?) and 1-2 shows (?). Also… I don’t drink — do any of the HOS bars/eats have mocktails or alcohol free beer?

Last edited:
Thinking about checking out this event on the last night of our Orlando trip… it would be after an early MK day on a party day, thoughts? We’d probably go back to our resort around 3/4 and shower/change before Ubering over.

How scary is this event? I love Halloween but I can also be a little jumpy. Also… there’s no fear pass for the night I’m looking at, Thursday 10/26. Does that mean lines will be assumed lower? I think we’d prioritize 2-3 houses (?) and 1-2 shows (?). Also… I don’t drink — do any of the HOS bars/eats have mocktails or alcohol free beer?
I think the sell a No-Boo neckless of some sort so that is an option if its too much for you

Can we manage to get everything in one night on a Thursday? We are pros at Disney but I have limited Seaworld knowledge and was looking for a touring plan or ideas but couldnt find anything if anyone has any advice for how to maximize time and see it all!

Last edited:
I went yesterday (a Friday).

If you have purchased tickets from Undercover Tourist, you have to change them at the ticket booth for a real ticket. What you receive is just a "reservation" and it's not accepted at the event gate

The entrance is not the park main gate. It's on the side of the park, almost in front of Discovery Cove. A 5 minutes walk from the main gate.

The event entrance opens at 6:15pm and they scan the tickets and let into a "pre-show" area where there is a bar (no food), one shop and there are a few scareactors.
You can line up for the real event entrance, near the restrooms.
You are let in the park at 7. It's cool to be among the first in line. Some scare actors "welcome" visitors in a fun way.

You enter behind the Shamu arena, turn right and you find 2 houses, in the area where Icebreaker is. The exist of house number 1 is in the same plaza you entered from, so it's another longhish walk back to house 2. So the best order would be house 2, then house 1.
I'd leave house 5 as the last, because I think it's nearer where people who stay from the day in the park start, so it might have a line immediately.

The other houses are at the other 2 opposite sides of the park, a lot of walking involved (not as much as Universal).

At 7pm when the event officially opened, the park was dead (no pun intended).
House number 2 didn't open in time and they told us the delay would be significant. Otherwise I could have done the first 4 houses with zero wait.
Later a few more people arrived, but the park was never congested. Shows were only 1/4 full, plenty of space for everyone.
I did 3 houses with no wait, waited 40 minutes for house number 1 (longest wait, I think because of the delay) and 25 for house number 5.

The scare zones were very poor, little details (better the circus one), some props I could have done myself at home. But they were brought alive by the scareactors, they were very good. And they talk! They taunt you and they're both scary and funny.

The houses were good, enough details and scares; but in no way they compare to Universal. Some are very short, others are are longer but also with a lot of empty corridors.
They're not even in the same league. But a couple of scares got me, so not bad at all.

I didn't do any attraction, but I saw they had short lines. The longest I've seen was 20 minutes, but I've also seen many 5s. But I haven't kept tab on everything.

The Monster Stomp show is very good. Sirens song is fun but more average. Cursed lagoon exists.
There is an acrobat at Waterway grill doing some circus numbers which was fun to watch while eating.

All in all it was a very pleasant evening. I got to do everything with minimal wait before 11. I could have repeated easily some or all the houses.
I'm glad I didn't buy the Express, it wouldn't have been very useful. $100 to skip one hour in line is not good value for money. Or maybe buy it to repeat houses later in the night.
I don't know if it's always like this or not. Maybe later in the season it gets busier.
I spent around $35 for the ticket and I though they were money well spent. A complete change of pace from Universal.
HHN are better in everything, except cost and crowds. If you can brave the latter or afford a line skipping option, then there is no comparison, HHN is on a other planet. But for $35 it's a very fun event.

The entrance is not the park main gate. It's on the side of the park, almost in front of Discovery Cove. A 5 minutes walk from the main gate.
We will be walking over from the Staybridge. Were there any directional signs in the parking lot for walkers? Since we are not familair with Seaworld-Im thinking we will most likely walk past the entrance wihout knowing it :)

We will be walking over from the Staybridge. Were there any directional signs in the parking lot for walkers? Since we are not familair with Seaworld-Im thinking we will most likely walk past the entrance wihout knowing it :)
I haven't seen any, but there is a big banner near the entrance. I actually went to the main gate and passed security there before asking, then they directed me there. Looking at the main gate, go to the right and walk around the park.

Does anyone have any advice for getting the rides and houses in? Ive seen that the coasters have waits of 5-20 minutes most nights. Would we be better hitting Ice Breaker as soon as we get let in and mixing the other coasters into the path taken or going straight to a house/scare zones and circling back for coasters at the end of the night? We want to be sure to see everything we can but my son has not been on IceBreaker or PipeLine so they are also a priority if we can get it all in.

Anyone hit up Howl-o-Scream yet?

If you have purchased tickets from Undercover Tourist, you have to change them at the ticket booth for a real ticket. What you receive is just a "reservation" and it's not accepted at the event gate
I was not thrilled to discover this our night.

we were in park already, sat at the bar near the wharf and (surprise) they let us walk over that way. Not permitted to come the other way tho
Does anyone have any advice for getting the rides and houses in? Ive seen that the coasters have waits of 5-20 minutes most nights. Would we be better hitting Ice Breaker as soon as we get let in and mixing the other coasters into the path taken or going straight to a house/scare zones and circling back for coasters at the end of the night? We want to be sure to see everything we can but my son has not been on IceBreaker or PipeLine so they are also a priority if we can get it all in.
rope drop, potentially follow the house advice zavandor listed. We only did one and then went back to other side of park & worked our way back sort of thing. Seemed to help beat the crowd.

suggest the 2nd show of monster stomp as to timing

the scareactors are top notch! I was taken aback (in a good way) by the red light district. Very inventive, different every time you walked thru it.

PS if a day guest, make sure to park by the HHN exit or you will be walking what seems like miles to your car or the shared ride lot.

Do they actually check IDs for single night tickets? I have an extra "any night" ticket that we won't be using, bought directly from SW if that matters.

Anyone know if you can buy the food and drink lanyards at the event - the website has that ridiculous fee

Looks like the best value it to buy 2 of the $40 ones - that will get you 3 drinks and a food item with each one
The $75 one gets you 5 drinks and 2 food items.

So for $5 more you get one more drink - does not add up - but not going to complain.

Still have an extra ticket if anyone is coming tonight or tomorrow. They do not ask ID of any sort, and it is purchased direct from SW so you can go right to the event entrance. No charge, just prefer it not to go to waste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter