How's Coral Reef?

IAmDis

Mouseketeer
Got this upcoming next Wed. Read a lot about all my other ADRs, but rarely do people talk about Coral Reef at Epcot.

Seafood any good, or should I stick to the "land" menu items?

I fin they often have a long wait for your table. Not sure why. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

We found the food to be very good but not so much on the service. Have never gotten out of there in under 2 hours so haven’t been back in a while

I would get the seafood. It is very good. However, the portion sizes were VERY small.

The good news is that you'll have plenty of room for dessert while walking around world showcase.

We've been there twice and had excellent food. The first time I had a steak and the second time I had seafood pasta - both were very good and good portion sizes.

Some people hate it but we enjoyed it. Didn't wait too long for our table, service was decent (not amazing but not bad) and I really enjoyed the mahi mahi (I asked for it to be well done versus seared or whatever the menu said and they happily accommodated). Not sure if we are going back next time just because there are so many other places to try but I wouldn't rule it out.

We’ve been there twice. Beautiful setting but deeply disappointing food both times; probably the most disappointed we have ever been in a WDW restaurant. Given all of the wonderful World Showcase restaurants we won’t be going back to Coral Reef anytime soon.

I’d put it at the bottom of the list of table service restaurants in and around Epcot. The food isn’t great and the service is worse. There are so many better choices, I don’t see a point in returning to Coral Reef anytime soon. Suppose if you want to eat seafood while sitting next to an aquarium, you might enjoy it, but that’s not my idea of nice ambience.

I dislike it for many reasons. The food is not the best in town, the service is usually poor, the menu selection is small, we always have a wait to be seated, always. The only one good thing is the tanks. I love the tanks, but it is a shame that is the only good part about it. I might give it another try in the future, but since I have already done that a few times, it won't be anytime soon. Even their new lobster dish does not look good.

coral reef gets hated on a lot but we have always really enjoyed ourselves there and would not hesitate to visit again. we like to rotate our restaurant selection and we tend to go to CR every other trip.

My family has always enjoyed it but I do have to add this caveat. We are from Kansas City and I have been told that good seafood could walk up and smack me in the face and would not recognize it.

My DS loves coral reef because of the aquarium.....we have never had an outstanding meal there though. I have never had a bad meal there, but I don't order seafood. The service is eh. If you have kids or have just been wanting to try it, go for it. If you don't it's not that memorable In my opinion. Have a great trip,!

We too like to rotate our restaurant selections so we don't eat there every trip but we have eaten there numerous times over the past years and only had a bad experience once. The food and service were just not good. Waited a couple of years and went back earlier this year and it was outstanding.

CR gets a lot of negative reviews, but my family of 4 adults went in August 2018 and we loved it. My favorite dish of the trip was the calamari appetizer from here. All around our food was delicious and my sister and dad said their steak entree was the best steak entree on our trip (they order steak at almost every restaurant). It seems to be a hit or miss there, but I definitely recommend it.

Just to add to my above thoughts:

The menu does have a VERY small selection, as a pp stated. Definitely check their menu online prior to going to make sure there is something for everyone.

We've been twice and found the food to be decent, the menu to be limited, and the service to be sloooooooow. Despite being aquarium enthusiasts, we won't be back because there are just too many other good options in Epcot.

We had a beef dish in February 2018 that was the best thing I ate that trip. Of course, it’s not on the menu anymore. ‍♀️ I’d look over the menu to make sure there are things you’d like.

The service was slow but we were there to relax and look at the aquarium, so I didn’t mind.

We were there 2 weeks ago. Food and service (Michelle from NJ rocked!)were both excellent. We had no wait for our table (5:15 res), but by the time we finished, there were quite a few people waiting. My son and I both had the whole lobster, daughter had steak, and hubs had mahi-mahi.

I love the atmosphere ( we asked for table by the tank) and kids loved looking at the fish. But we thought food is mediocre for the price. I would go there again for the experience, but not food. In fact, we are skipping it for our upcoming trip..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter