How's the water in the Bahamas?

We were just at Castaway Cay this past Friday. The water was cold. I dipped my foot in and DH and DS10 lasted about 10 minutes. There were some who braved it for longer, but not many. We spent most of the day on our loungers and playing games at In Da Shade.

We were in CC twice at the beginning of this month. The water was cold and many cries were heard from people going in, but it got better if you kept on going. We ended up snorkeling for 1 hour each time we were there. It will surely be better in April. It will also be easier during your excursion since you usually need to dive in from the boat instead of slowly walking in the water from the beach.

Where are from? I think what you are used to makes a big difference. We are from New England and the average low water temps in the Bahamas is just about the same as our average high water temp so as long as the air temp is warm enough, we have always been able to go in and enjoy it.

Agree with samily. From New England? The water is so cold even in the height of summer here, I am almost never past my knees. We usually cruise in April and find the water to be just fine, but I can see where others might think it is cool. Our double dip this past summer, water in July-like bath water.

We were on the March 10 Eastern on the Fantasy. I found the Castaway Cay water temp to be about the same as the water in St. Marten and St. Thomas. Cold at first, but nice when you get in. I'm from Canada, but I would never go in the water anywhere north of Florida, so I don't know if that counts.

We were on the March 3rd Western on the Fantasy, and also from Canada. Water was just fine :-) It's the WAVES from the supposed cold front that got us in Cayman Islands when snorkeling, way too rough for the kids to try snorkeling in. Castaway Cay though snorkeling was fine and sheltered.

Does anyone have any experience with the water temps there this time of year?

We were at Castaway Cay in February and the water was a little chilly, but it did not stop us from spending hours in it. My kids could not get enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter