How's this PS shaping up?? Opinions?

beattyfamily

DIS Cast Member
Well, it's my 6th trip and my sister's and niece's (age 4) first WDW trip. It's also our first time going in the Summer...last week in August. I also took into consideration that we'll be at BWV for the first 3 nights and Cont Tower the last 3 nights and that we have 3 girls ages 4, 4, & 8 who LOVE princesess and all characters!

Here's what I'm thinking for this girls-only trip:

Saturday (BWV): Arrive at a park (MGM) around 12:00p;
No PS scheduled. Try for Spectro at MK at night...eat counter service dinner. Maybe try staking out a spot by the train and eating at Casey's.

Sunday (BWV): Our first full day - CRT at 9:00a - Day at MK - Night no PS scheduled...maybe eat at Beaches or ESPN?

Monday (BWV): Epcot day (breakfast where ever) followed by Fantasmic package at H&V around 6:00P or 6:30P - Fantasmic at 8:30p We like eating at H&V because we like the package and it's the cheapest.

Tuesday (Cont): Check in to Cont Tower; Either MK or MGM day; Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare around 10:00a; lunch where ever; Dinner at Chef Mickey's (our first night at the Cont!)

Wednesday (Cont): AK Day but start with PSB at Epcot around 8:30a? late Lunch where ever -- maybe try Tusker House Restaurant or the old reliable, Pizzafari. Dinner somewhere -- Maybe DTD, Boardwalk, or Epcot.

Thursday (Cont): MK Day (EE) Breakfast where ever; Late lunch at Tony's or dinner at Whispering Canyon.

Friday (Cont): Flight at 5:25p so leave WDW around 3:00p. Breakfast at Kona Cafe MGM till we head to airport.

I'm trying to keep the schedule open and laid back. But if you have any suggestions for dinners at either Epcot, DTD or the Boardwalk, I'd greatly appreciate it for either sit down or counter service.

Since we have 3 small girls, I thought these were enough sit down meals and I didn't want to have more than one sit down meal in a day although I have done 2 in one day in the past. I'll probably do room service for breakfast one morning too!

Any opinions or advice? I'm making these PS this week...I got CRT this morning!!!:teeth:

A couple of suggestions:

* Saturday night - O'hanas

* Sunday night - Beaches & Cream

* Wednesday night - Rainforest Cafe (my kids love ending the day at AK here)

::MinnieMo

Originally posted by hannahryan
A couple of suggestions:

* Saturday night - O'hanas

* Sunday night - Beaches & Cream

* Wednesday night - Rainforest Cafe (my kids love ending the day at AK here)

::MinnieMo

Thanks so much! Do I need PS for Beaches & Cream or is it counter service? I've only heard of Cape May over at BC.

Since you are staying at the Boardwalk, there is an Exxon station just outside the entrance that sells Krispy Kreme donuts. That's a quick and inexpensive breakfast.

Saturday: I would try and grab a seat early on the 2nd floor of the Main Street Train Station and get as close to the railing and as close to the center of the patio as you can. This will give you a great view of Spectro & Wishes. Then send a runner to grab a quick bite for everyone at Casey's.

Sunday: I would recommend dinner reservations at the Rose & Crown for 1 1/2 hours prior to Illuminations and request a patio table. Re-request the patio table. This way you can enjoy a great meal, then watch Illuminations from the comfort of your table.

Monday: I have not heard the best of reviews of H&V and think you would do much better at the 50's Primetime Cafe. If you grab dinner 1 1/2 hours (depending on how fast or slow you eat) prior to Fantasmic, then I would head over and I think you will still be able to find a great seat.

Tuesday: Try Crystal Palace for lunch. It's very good. I was not at all thrilled with Chef Mickey's for dinner and would recommend the California Grill, Whispering Canyon Cafe or O'Hana's instead.

Wednesday: Tusker House is very good. I would also recommend the House of Blues or Ghiradelli's at DTD. Some other options at EPCOT would be Le Cellier or Garden Grill.

Originally posted by Terk-1
Since you are staying at the Boardwalk, there is an Exxon station just outside the entrance that sells Krispy Kreme donuts. That's a quick and inexpensive breakfast.

Saturday: I would try and grab a seat early on the 2nd floor of the Main Street Train Station and get as close to the railing and as close to the center of the patio as you can. This will give you a great view of Spectro & Wishes. Then send a runner to grab a quick bite for everyone at Casey's.

Sunday: I would recommend dinner reservations at the Rose & Crown for 1 1/2 hours prior to Illuminations and request a patio table. Re-request the patio table. This way you can enjoy a great meal, then watch Illuminations from the comfort of your table.

Monday: I have not heard the best of reviews of H&V and think you would do much better at the 50's Primetime Cafe. If you grab dinner 1 1/2 hours (depending on how fast or slow you eat) prior to Fantasmic, then I would head over and I think you will still be able to find a great seat.

Tuesday: Try Crystal Palace for lunch. It's very good. I was not at all thrilled with Chef Mickey's for dinner and would recommend the California Grill, Whispering Canyon Cafe or O'Hana's instead.

Wednesday: Tusker House is very good. I would also recommend the House of Blues or Ghiradelli's at DTD. Some other options at EPCOT would be Le Cellier or Garden Grill.

Wow, thanks so much for all the advice and ideas!

I've never watched the parade from that spot! Sounds interesting. We are allowed to stake out that spot without much trouble??? I've never been up there so I can't even imagine what it looks like. How early should I get there if the parade is at 8:30P?

I'm considering Whispering Canyon for Thursday...Never been yet.

I updated my PS schedule in my OP with a couple of changes.

Thanks again!

bumping!:Pinkbounc

Any more opinions?

So far I've only booked CRT and H&V Fantasmic package (which I'll need to call back on because 4:20p is way too early!)

Thanks so much!

Hi Beattyfamily! It's good to "see" you again! Since you have all girls, how about making a PS for the Afternoon Tea at GF on your Thursday.

Thanks to the new thread about the tea, I called and made a PS for our all girl trip coming up in two weeks. I've never tried it but I hear it's wonderful. I made the PS for 4:30 and it will be a late lunch/early dinner then we'll just get a snack later in the evening.

Originally posted by jennymouse
Hi Beattyfamily! It's good to "see" you again! Since you have all girls, how about making a PS for the Afternoon Tea at GF on your Thursday.

Thanks to the new thread about the tea, I called and made a PS for our all girl trip coming up in two weeks. I've never tried it but I hear it's wonderful. I made the PS for 4:30 and it will be a late lunch/early dinner then we'll just get a snack later in the evening.

Hi! Good to 'see' you again too! It's been awhile!

I was considering the Alice Tea Party I think I'll wait on that till our October trip.

I'm not sure what that tea you are recommending involves. Is it like having tea at the Four Seasons? Where you have tea and cucumber sandwiches??

thanks!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter