HP unique shopping

heather13

DIS Veteran
We're heading to Universal in a few weeks and I'd like to grab a few unique items to create a HP themed basket for my daughter's school auction (each class creates a basket). What are items that can't be found anywhere else that are less than $50? If I can fill the basket with a bunch of $5-$20 items that would be ideal.

Are there any Fantastic Beasts items in the park? I'd like to add that book and Quidditch Through the Ages.

I'll take suggestions too!

Some of the snacks I think you can only find at universal, like the bottled Pumpkin Juice and some of the treats from Honeydukes. Bertie Botts can be found outside the parks, but I think that's really it. Someone check me on that. And most of those are $10 or under!

ETA: Also the butterbeer souvenir glass! I'm fairly confident that it's a parks-only item. Unfortunately you can't take it home with any butterbeer in it...sigh

I will throw out a suggestion depending on what you want to spend total on the basket.

You would need a couple of large items to set off the basket.

Hedwig

Harry's wand (interactive) $49.95

The first book in the Potter series Sorcerer's Stone

Toy wand that has light up tip $24.95

Then add smaller items

Box of bertie botts every flavor jelly beans $10.95

Chocolate frog $10.95

Took some Pics to give you ideas

IMG_2344.JPG
I think these were $ 10.95

IMG_2348.JPG

Cup $10.95

Desk pad $12.95

Feather pen $10.95

IMG_2351.JPG

Sorting Hat $49.95

IMG_2354.JPG

Monster book of Monsters $34.95

IMG_2356.JPG

Deluminater $ 36.95

IMG_2357.JPG

Hedwig $34.95

IMG_2359.JPG

This is $14.95

IMG_2362.JPG

Necklace charms $19.95 per charm

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Have fun creating your basket and have a lovely time at Universal Orlando.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think the only item that had to do with Fantastic Beasts other than the books was a picture in the Magical Menagerie store in Diagon Alley. That was in May.

Last edited:

These are amazing! I'm totally Christmas shopping for my oldest while we are there in Nov. and will grab some of these. Thanks for the pictures too!

The charms above can also go on a Lumos bracelet (which is $50) supporting the foundation J.K. started for orphaned children.

Dark wizard items are fun and not readily available outside of Knockturn Alley.

Does anyone know if the new Hengist chocolate frog card is separated currently (ir so you can purchase him directly/specifically) or is he mixed in with everyone else right from the get go.

Would love 2 for christmas gifts and am wondering how many chocolate frogs I'll need to buy when we get there 12/3......

THX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts