HR 2 Queen Deluxe vs Club Level Kid Rock Star Suite

mrstortora

Mouseketeer
Are the 2 Queen deluxe rooms really big enough for mom, 2 18yo, and two younger teens? I am able to upgrade to a Club Level Rock Star Suite but I don't think I will take advantage of the club much since we are park open-close people. Also, it's hard to swallow the $1000 price difference knowing that I will also have to pay the extra $$ per night for the 5th person's roll-away. Does anyone have a strong reason that I should take the club level kids suite?

How many days will you be there and have you ever been to Universal with express passes before?

Are the 2 Queen deluxe rooms really big enough for mom, 2 18yo, and two younger teens? I am able to upgrade to a Club Level Rock Star Suite but I don't think I will take advantage of the club much since we are park open-close people. Also, it's hard to swallow the $1000 price difference knowing that I will also have to pay the extra $$ per night for the 5th person's roll-away. Does anyone have a strong reason that I should take the club level kids suite?

Not for a grand.

You’ll have a king and 2 twins as your main sleeping arrangements in the KS so you really aren’t in a different situation than a Deluxe 2 queen, as they are basically 3 queens IMO with the pullout, we have had both and for the money the Deluxe would always win out.

Not sure why you’d need a rollaway in a Deluxe.

How many days your staying and whether or not you’ve stayed with EP is irrelevant also.

The Rock Star Suite looks childish in photo. I would go with the 2 Q Deluxe because the room is larger. I am having difficulty finding availability Hope you decide soon to avoid disappointment. Unless you. are cancelling & I get your cancellation... kidding!

The Rock Star Suite looks childish in photo. I would go with the 2 Q Deluxe because the room is larger. I am having difficulty finding availability Hope you decide soon to avoid disappointment. Unless you. are cancelling & I get your cancellation... kidding!

No the Kid Suites I believe are around 800 Square feet and a Deluxe is around 500 but how they are arranged and in these circumstances I agree the Deluxe for that amount of savings would be sufficient.

How many days will you be there and have you ever been to Universal with express passes before?

3d / 2n but essentially first day os only a half day. We have only been there once and stayed at Cabana Bay in a family suite. Loved the space. That trip we splurged and bought 1 day of express pass and found we did nearly everything we wanted. We spent a lot of time that trip at the hotel and did the Luau at the RP.

It does a little - but the two teens stay up quite a bit later. Also, they and my 12 yo daughter tend to be silly so I could see them enjoying the second room. Having two separate spaces is what I am wishing we had. But for two nights I am not sure it is worth it. What dates are you looking? If I cancel the one for the other maybe we could time it. LOL!

Not for a grand.

You’ll have a king and 2 twins as your main sleeping arrangements in the KS so you really aren’t in a different situation than a Deluxe 2 queen, as they are basically 3 queens IMO with the pullout, we have had both and for the money the Deluxe would always win out.

Not sure why you’d need a rollaway in a Deluxe.

How many days your staying and whether or not you’ve stayed with EP is irrelevant also.

Thanks - good to know from someone who has stayed in both. Yes - I agree that the sleeping arrangements are similar. But a door to close so the group that stays up way later can stay up would be nice. Be I agree - not a grand for two nights nice. Club level would be good but I can buy a heck of a lot of food/drinks whenever I want and not on a schedule for $1000!

I think the days and EP is relevant. If I hadn't stayed with EP before, open-close park people may do so for the rides - which is how we are at Disney. With three days and EP - we may actually find we will head back to the room more. But in that case, I will probably be down at the pool!

Thanks for answering, I always ask about EP because it really changes your experience. You may take advantage of the "club" amenities more because you will feel pretty complete in the parks earlier and less need to close it down. I asked for amount of time because if it was $1000 spread over a week, that would make more sense to me because with those larger bodies, older kids, closing them off in their own space is nice. $1000 however for such a short stay when you already get a little more space in deluxe doesn't make a lot of sense because the teens will not take advantage of the specific timing of "snacks." We have stayed at Royal Pacific when our times are shorter, and Cabana when our stays are longer for the extra space. With our kids at 17 and 13 now, their 2 priorities would be express pass so they can sleep and space.

Thanks for answering, I always ask about EP because it really changes your experience. You may take advantage of the "club" amenities more because you will feel pretty complete in the parks earlier and less need to close it down. I asked for amount of time because if it was $1000 spread over a week, that would make more sense to me because with those larger bodies, older kids, closing them off in their own space is nice. $1000 however for such a short stay when you already get a little more space in deluxe doesn't make a lot of sense because the teens will not take advantage of the specific timing of "snacks." We have stayed at Royal Pacific when our times are shorter, and Cabana when our stays are longer for the extra space. With our kids at 17 and 13 now, their 2 priorities would be express pass so they can sleep and space.
It definitely does! And if I do end up with extra time at the hotel, I would much rather take they $1000 I have saved and buy drinks by the pool when I WANT them and not when the lounge offers them for "free". :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!