HRH February 9-18

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Just back from 9 nights at HRH.

Hard Rock was awesome as usual. Only complaint would be housekeeping schedule. We would come back to the room around 3:00 and it still wasn't done. They were great about bringing us towels and soaps, but I really think they could use a more proficient manner to make sure rooms are always done. Of the 9 nights we were there, we didn't get housekeeping for 5 of them. Also, Beach Club was closed, which there was no mention of before hand.

Parks were crowded, but Express was great until the weekend when the crowds arrived for vacation. Then even with Express, waits were 30 minutes. 2 very noticeable effects weren't working on Spiderman the entire week. Odd, since they were pretty easy fixes, but they just never bothered to fix them.

As for food, most places were great. Toothsome, we actually preferred the food over the desserts. Vivo was weird. Went there for wife's birthday. Waitress spilled soda all over me. She was very apologetic, but manager never said a word. I thought that was odd. Finnegans was the worst meal we had. We loved Bubba Gump, Mythos, Red Oven, The Kitchen, Hard Rock. All quick service places were actually quite good. Richters burgers were fresh and very tasty. Classic Monsters has a great atmosphere, but the food was just OK, and way too expensive.

Went to Sea World one day. Loved Mako. Best coaster in Orlando. Hated Manta. First huge loop was too much on me. I couldn't breathe for about 5 seconds. Not enjoyable at all.

Thanks for the info! Quick question, before the crowds arrived on the weekend what was the average wait times for express pass?

Thanks for the info! Quick question, before the crowds arrived on the weekend what was the average wait times for express pass?

Depends. Hulk was usually 10 minutes. The only ones that were longer were Kong, Seuss Trolley (they only had one side running), Rip-Saw Falls, Gringotts and Rip Ride Rockit.

Any further comments about HRH and your experiences there?

Any further comments about HRH and your experiences there?

We love it there. Just booked for December. The public areas are absolutely spotless. The staff is excellent. The Kitchen, we only ate at for breakfast once, but it was very good. Emack and Bolio's is super convenient as a grab and go spot. Pool area is awesome. The only issue, like I said, is the timing of housekeeping. I wish they had a system in place where you could request a certain timeframe. That would be tough to do, but if you can give them a 4 hour window, it should be doable.

Since you booked again for the hotel, must have been fun there for you

I always request my room be serviced before noon
and they never failed to take care of it then

For your next stay, have it noted in your file when you check in that housekeeping will service your room in “blank” time period

Just back from 9 nights at HRH.

Hard Rock was awesome as usual. Only complaint would be housekeeping schedule. We would come back to the room around 3:00 and it still wasn't done. They were great about bringing us towels and soaps, but I really think they could use a more proficient manner to make sure rooms are always done. Of the 9 nights we were there, we didn't get housekeeping for 5 of them. Also, Beach Club was closed, which there was no mention of before hand.

Parks were crowded, but Express was great until the weekend when the crowds arrived for vacation. Then even with Express, waits were 30 minutes. 2 very noticeable effects weren't working on Spiderman the entire week. Odd, since they were pretty easy fixes, but they just never bothered to fix them.

As for food, most places were great. Toothsome, we actually preferred the food over the desserts. Vivo was weird. Went there for wife's birthday. Waitress spilled soda all over me. She was very apologetic, but manager never said a word. I thought that was odd. Finnegans was the worst meal we had. We loved Bubba Gump, Mythos, Red Oven, The Kitchen, Hard Rock. All quick service places were actually quite good. Richters burgers were fresh and very tasty. Classic Monsters has a great atmosphere, but the food was just OK, and way too expensive.

Went to Sea World one day. Loved Mako. Best coaster in Orlando. Hated Manta. First huge loop was too much on me. I couldn't breathe for about 5 seconds. Not enjoyable at all.
Did it seem like the HRH was fully booked? Maybe that was the reason for the lack of housekeeping?

As far as how crowded the parks were, it seems like there is no slow times at Universal anymore.

Did it seem like the HRH was fully booked? Maybe that was the reason for the lack of housekeeping?

As far as how crowded the parks were, it seems like there is no slow times at Universal anymore.

One of the bellhops told me it was fully booked. Pool didn't seem like it though, and it was pretty warm.

One thing I forgot to mention that's a pet peeve for me - What is up with Dr. Doom? Do they just refuse to clean that ride? The top of the buildings when you're coming down look like they haven't been cleaned off in about 10 years.

Since you booked again for the hotel, must have been fun there for you

I always request my room be serviced before noon
and they never failed to take care of it then

For your next stay, have it noted in your file when you check in that housekeeping will service your room in “blank” time period

Oh, absolutely. I think all in all, Hard Rock is the best value in Orlando (including Disney). I always get a good rate, and it's a 1st class place to stay every time.

Oh, absolutely. I think all in all, Hard Rock is the best value in Orlando (including Disney). I always get a good rate, and it's a 1st class place to stay every time.

Glad that you're trip was great! HRH is our Orlando home! It's a very special place! and I agree 1st class! We're going for a quick weekend trip to visit DS who's doing the Disney college program. We'll be by the pool sipping a drink by lunchtime tomorrow!

Hi we have stayed at HRH a few times and really have enjoyed each time. Glad to hear you had a nice trip.

I adored hrh when it was my home away from home

Always did the kitchen for breakfast buffet

When we went the first week in May, I used their new texting service to request housekeeping. At checkin they said it was a new system they were using to communicate with guests. I used it my entire week to request housekeeping when we left the room for the day. I found this worked best and I didn't have to specify a particular time that I would be out of the room. When I was in the room I placed the "Do Not Disturb" magnet outside on the door frame.

This worked well for us. Previous trips when we left the room, we would take the magnet off so they would know to clean but sometimes it wouldn't happen and they would just leave the bag of towels on the door knob.

You could also text them for reservations, questions, extra whatevers for your room, wake up calls, basically anything you used to dial "Star Service" for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!