• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HRH upgrades this week?

Impulsive Puppy

Mouseketeer
:confused:

Has anybody been to HRH in the past week or so? What is their capasity? Do you think I will have any luck getting upgraded this week?

I wouldn't count on it if I were you. A few weeks ago I was at the HRH and the first night we were supposed to stay there they were overbooked(even though we had reserved the room on our credit card-and called ahead to let them know we would be arriving later than expected-they told us that we would not have any problems). When we arrived they had to send us to another hotel(which they did pay for) for the night and were supposed to return the next morning. This was difficult because one of the people with us is in a wheelchair(electric) and we had to dismantle his chair(15minutes each time) to put it in the car then reassemble after we arrived back at the HRH as well as check in. All in all, we spent atleast an additional 3hrs taking care of all this, on the only day we planned on spending at IOA, just because they overbooked and had to send us to another hotel. Now to finally get to the point when we asked if they could possibly upgrade our room(we were told the night before by the manager that, on what was now the only day we were going to be staying there, they had plenty of free rooms) they turned us down but did send us a bottle of water and some drumsticks. WOW! Don't get me wrong The hotel itself was great, FOTL was great, most of the staff was great, and I will most likely stay there again-I just won't ever expect them to upgrade my room no matter how badly they screw up.(And do understand I was not rude to the staff when they told us they screwed up I simply appeared disappointed and thanked them for trying to help.

They put us at the Peabody(which was nice) but the directions they gave us were so horrible it took us an extra hour to find it. We had to stop at a gas station to get better directions. Don't get me wrong the Peabody was great - even though we only saw 2 other groups of people staying there.

Did they do anything else for you by means of compensation?

I would be quite angry if I got there and had to go on a scavenger hunt to find my new hotel, when I booked to stay close to the park! Especially if my vacation plans called for enjoying citywalk (and adult beverages) that night!

It was about 2 1/2 weeks ago but when we were there we got a complimentary upgrade on November 29, 30, and December 1. I did have my Loews card out and I believe I wouldn't gotten one otherwise. We even had the low Entertainment rate of $117.

When we were in the pool Friday night and Saturday night, there were MANY rooms dark like they were empty.

Also, the parks were dead and we heard that they only had 4,000 people on November 29 at IOA.

we will be there in just a few days and if they tell us they are overbooked i will be so upset, we have teens and need easy access back and forth to the parks that and fotl is the reason we are paying awful price. what did they do about fotl???

Did you ask if you cold at least be put over at Portofino?

because we'll be checking in after 10 pm on the 27th, a night on which I know they're fully booked (and probably over booked). I could have used Priceline and stayed at an airport hotel for $30, but purposely spent $$$ to stay at HRH so we could sleep in the next a.m. and go right to the parks. Fingers crossed...
Terri the Yoopermom
(who does NOT want to spend her bday at the Peabody!)

I too laid down plenty of extra $$ for HRH and the FOTL perk plus handy access to the parks (and the adult beverages of City Walk), but now I'll be sweating until I've got that room card in my hand!

Originally posted by yoopermom
because we'll be checking in after 10 pm on the 27th, a night on which I know they're fully booked (and probably over booked). (who does NOT want to spend her bday at the Peabody!)

Terri,
If I were you I would have your DH fax them the night before your arrival & tell them it's your birthday! Expess an interest for a particular room or area you like then they might have your room put aside for you. Also tell them that you're arriving very late, it's worth a try!
Fax # is 407-503-ROLL

During our check-in 12/07/01...I also whipped out my Lowes card and asked for a upgrade from a Garden View room.
I ended up in a SMOKING (requested non-smoking) garden view on the main floor (3rd floor).
Then,
I ended up moving rooms at 3 am to non-smoking garden view room after a party room started up next door to me!
They could have made it worth me moving my family in the middle of the night because of their errors and lack of security...but no...no upgrades here...I just smiled and went back to sleep.
I wasn't going to let the "incompetents" (ELLIOTT) at front counter ruin the start of my vacation.
I was also asked during check-in on Friday what Lowe's perk I wanted sent to my room...
Well after asking (4) four times I finally received it on Sunday while packing our bags.

FOTL is GREAT...Hard Rock Hotels's Customer Service really SUCKS!

I called last night "just to check" and the reservationist was very nice. I had booked through a consolidator, and she added my Loews #, request for nonsmoking, and late check-in. I did mention my bday, but will definately fax the above (ever so politely) again on the 26th before we fly out. Thanks!
Terri the Yoopermom

we are paying more to stay at HRH than at a deluxe at disney, if they tell me they are overbooked they better watch out!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm sorry your HRH experience left so much to be desired. We just got back yesterday, and we were upgraded. From Garden to Pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter