HRH vs PB (my HUMBLE opinion!)

Muushka

<font color=red>I usually feel like I just stepped
I stayed at HRH this past Jan. with my sister and a friend. We greatly enjoyed this hotel. I was so impressed with the amenities, the location and the actual hotel. I had read on these boards about the fact that some thought PB was better.

So, for our 10th anniversary (this past weekend) we stayed at PB for 2 nights (great ent rate of 150.00 a night). I must confess, although the bathroom at PB was everything and more than what I had read about, I missed HRH! For the same reason that we (my husband and I) really like Wilderness Lodge and are not crazy over Boardwalk. We found the expansive areas at PB that were sun drenched (like BWV) to be way too hot! Especially in the summer, and I can imagine that in the winter, that wind would whip! I missed the green, landscaped areas that HRH (and VWL) have. Also, it seemed a little too laid back at PB. (I know VWL is also laid back, but you can go to the lobby for some action!). We found ourselves eating meals and visiting HRH often.

The other draw to HRH is the location. The walk to the parks is a very short one. We only used the boat at PB twice, and found it to be a little inconvenient. We usually walked to the parks, and it is about twice as far.

All of that being said, I am very glad we experienced PB. It is a wonderful hotel and I got some great pictures of the bay at night.
We will try RPR in December. Isn't it great that we all don't love the same thing!!!

I agree!!

After 3 visits to the HRH, we booked a long weekend vaca. We couldnt get the HRH for the 1st night, so we decided to stay at the PBH for the 1st night. It was beautiful and very quiet. It would probably make a great honeymoon spot. While staying at the HRH we met a couple from England that were staying at the PBH, but loved the Velvet bar and the action of the HRH. They said that the bars in the PBH were deserted.

We are going to stay at the RP this October, I hope it wont be a let down.

Patty

My humble opinion is the exact opposite, although - oddly enough- for many of the same reasons you listed. We enjoyed the quiet laid-back feel of the PBH. We never waited more than 5 minutes for the Water Taxi and enjoyed relaxing with a cup of coffee while we waited. The Water Taxi ride was 3-4 minutes to the parks and frankly I am too lazy to walk to the parks.

On our "Pool Day" we reserved a cabana at the HRH. And loved it. The Foilage and trees around the pool was much nicer than the PBH pool. Although I am 36 and a big Stones, Bowie, Zepplin, etc. fan, the loud constant bass at the pool started to wear on us by mid-day. My kids loved the water slide at the HRH, but liked the slide at the PBH a little better even though it is shorter because it is incorporated into a castle unlike the HRH slide that is kinda just built above the ground. They also liked the "mouths" that spit water on you coming down the PBH slide.

The real deciding factor was the crowds. By about 2pm the pool at the HRH was packed and the line for the slide was about 15 minutes. That's when they wanted to head back to the PBH where the amount of people was much less (some would characterize it as almost dead). We left about 4:30 pm.

It was nice to walk about 7 minutes from the HRH to IOA, ride Spiderman twice and be back in less than an hour to hop in the pool.

I guess it's a matter of taste, I would prefer PBH and would like 1/2 Day at a time visits to the HRH. It's sad, but I don't think I'm hip enough for the HRH anymore - I guess I've become my Father !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter