HS Early Morning Magic - will it mess us up?

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Good morning everyone!
We are heading down to Disney in 2 weeks. I just checked the calendar, and now is "Early Morning Magic" option offered on the morning we are planning to do HS. :( Like the rest of the guests, we planned to enter the park at Rope Drop and BOOK IT to Slinky Dog and Alien Saucers.
So now I'm wondering if the guests who are there with Early Morning Magic tickets are going to mess us up much. We can't do long lines because we have really small children with us, and have to do rider swap, so its just a lot for them to sit around while their crazy parents insist on riding a rollercoaster ;) Obviously we can skip it, but we would love to experience it if we can.
So, should we find the extra $400 to buy Early Morning Magic tickets? Or just keep plans as is? How much longer will lines potentially be at rope drop due to EMM?
If we do EMM, will they allow us to do rider swap just like during the regular day?

Thanks in advance.

If you want more ride time in TSL with low waits, then you'll enjoy EMM. However EMM crowds do not affect rope drop crowd

If you want more ride time in TSL with low waits, then you'll enjoy EMM. However EMM crowds do not affect rope drop crowd

I'm not sure if my kids will ride Slinky Dog so it would be just for the adults. They would enjoy extra time riding the alien ride though.

Still curious about rider swap because that is a must.

I'm not sure if my kids will ride Slinky Dog so it would be just for the adults. They would enjoy extra time riding the alien ride though.

Still curious about rider swap because that is a must.
As you are walking up to the ride look for this sign to your left ( before you get to the ride) this is where you can get your rider swap pass

Attachments

• 0F2DDAA0-0881-4145-8C3B-D79BFCF815B3.png
    0F2DDAA0-0881-4145-8C3B-D79BFCF815B3.png
    322 KB · Views: 29

I want to say the sign was close to the red area before you cross over the tracks

Attachments

• B5E5F0A4-CD76-41D2-B76C-DC075EFAC18A.jpeg
    B5E5F0A4-CD76-41D2-B76C-DC075EFAC18A.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 6
In general the folks who have reported on their TSL EMM experience were pretty much happy to be leaving as the RD crowd arrived! So I wouldn’t worry about it.

We can't do long lines because we have really small children with us, and have to do rider swap, so its just a lot for them to sit around while their crazy parents insist on riding a rollercoaster

Never ever let the kids in a swap just sit around! Do stuff! Explore! Have fun!

And allowing yourselves (the adults) to do things you like shows them that you are all allowed to have fun and enjoy life. This trip should be for all of you. Not just the kids. IMO.

Good morning everyone!
We are heading down to Disney in 2 weeks. I just checked the calendar, and now is "Early Morning Magic" option offered on the morning we are planning to do HS. :( Like the rest of the guests, we planned to enter the park at Rope Drop and BOOK IT to Slinky Dog and Alien Saucers.
So now I'm wondering if the guests who are there with Early Morning Magic tickets are going to mess us up much. We can't do long lines because we have really small children with us, and have to do rider swap, so its just a lot for them to sit around while their crazy parents insist on riding a rollercoaster ;) Obviously we can skip it, but we would love to experience it if we can.
So, should we find the extra $400 to buy Early Morning Magic tickets? Or just keep plans as is? How much longer will lines potentially be at rope drop due to EMM?
If we do EMM, will they allow us to do rider swap just like during the regular day?

Thanks in advance.

EMM is only an extra couple of hundred people. At rope drop, most will be moving on to other things or to breakfast. Shouldn't affect you very much.

We just got back from a trip and we used rider swap. My 5 and 3 year olds were big enough for the rides. We made fastpasses for both SDD and Alien using riderswap to get everyone through the fastpass line. Just check your young one’s height. It didn’t dawn on me that Alien has a low height requirement (31” I think). I didn’t realize my 18 month old met that requirement. I was so worried that we wouldn’t be able to have everyone ride it since only 3 of the 6 had a FP, but the CM was super nice and gave us some Pixiedust letting us all go through the fastpass line together. During EMM you won’t have to sign up for riderswap since wait times are so low they use the fastpass line.

DHS EMM is proving to be (well) more than a “couple of hundred people” - but my opinion is the same thinking that has traditionally applied for MK EMM still applies for DHS... by rope drop time EMM folks will have had their fill of TSL and will be on the way out, either to eat breakfast or to quickly hit other parts of the park (mainly RnR and ToT).

It is still a tiny, tiny fraction of the day guest count, so it’s pretty much a non-issue from a practical perspective.

Never ever let the kids in a swap just sit around! Do stuff! Explore! Have fun!

And allowing yourselves (the adults) to do things you like shows them that you are all allowed to have fun and enjoy life. This trip should be for all of you. Not just the kids. IMO.

Haha! Usually them waiting is a good thing, allows for a break and a snack, but we don't like it to be too long. If its going to be longer than a snack we either doing do it or send them to do something else. Trust me, this is about the adults too. Haha!! ;)

Just did DHS this morning at rope drop. You'll definitely want to be in the front of the pack if you want SDD, but the other two were pretty much walk ons. We were aiming for Toy Story today (as we hadn't done that yet) and were about 3/4 way back - it looked like a good 60-90 minutes by the time we got there. But walked on TSM (50 minute wait listed when we got out). We rode about 8:50 so they led people to the lands about 10 minutes earlier today than when we went a few days ago.

Just did DHS this morning at rope drop. You'll definitely want to be in the front of the pack if you want SDD, but the other two were pretty much walk ons. We were aiming for Toy Story today (as we hadn't done that yet) and were about 3/4 way back - it looked like a good 60-90 minutes by the time we got there. But walked on TSM (50 minute wait listed when we got out). We rode about 8:50 so they led people to the lands about 10 minutes earlier today than when we went a few days ago.

Thanks for that info! What time did you get there for rope drop? We’re thinking 90 minutes before posted opening time.

Thanks for that info! What time did you get there for rope drop? We’re thinking 90 minutes before posted opening time.

We only went through the turnstiles at about 8:40 yesterday (also to clarify it was SDD that looked like it was 60 minutes already). The first day we did rope drop (on a non-EMM day) we got through turnstiles at about 8:25, the dropped the rope at about 8:55 to walk us over and we were off SDD by about 9:15. One thing that helped that first day was that we went to whatever they call the "Starbucks" at DHS to get some food and coffee while waiting and there's a door at the end of the shop that you can exit right at rope drop which is right near the front of the pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!