HS Help — When to book first FP if attempting RotR at rope drop

Lalalyn

Mouseketeer
We have a seven day trip planned the first week of February. Current plan is for 2 days at HS. No park hoppers.

We are not early birds. For a 9am opening, we could get there at 7:30.

I have to make my FP tomorrow and I can’t decide when to start my HS FP for the day so we can attempt one of the two SWGE rides in the morning.

First one with a 10:30-11:30 window?

First one with a 10:30-11:30 window?
Arriving at 7:30 for the 9a opening should get you through one SWGE ride to get to your FP - with the grace period you have until 11:45.

If you don’t really need 2 Tier 2 FPs, book one for 9:30 and allow it to expire. That way, if you finish early in SWGE you can use the FP if you’d like. If it expires, after you use your remaining 2 FPs, you can then book another Tier 1.

Arriving at 7:30 for the 9a opening should get you through one SWGE ride to get to your FP - with the grace period you have until 11:45.

If you don’t really need 2 Tier 2 FPs, book one for 9:30 and allow it to expire. That way, if you finish early in SWGE you can use the FP if you’d like. If it expires, after you use your remaining 2 FPs, you can then book another Tier 1.
Have people been reporting missed FP getting “stuck” recently? Would love to schedule a tier 2 while we are actually in SWGE, but I don’t want a situation where we have to go to guest services to fix it later.

Have people been reporting missed FP getting “stuck” recently? Would love to schedule a tier 2 while we are actually in SWGE, but I don’t want a situation where we have to go to guest services to fix it later.
I believe those who had a Tier 2 not drop off, Canceled > Rebooked > tapped out and walked away. No recent reports of needing GR assistance.

I have a similar question for my trip in March, my FP+ window opens in a few days and am wondering what times I should aim to get FP for (morning, afternoon or evening)? right now HS is scheduled to open at 9am and we plan to rope drop so about 7:30 arrival. I know the Boarding Pass time (assuming we get one) could impact this.

We had a fast pass get stuck in Epcot yesterday. It was actually a tier 2 ride, our first FP of the day, and we had actually used all 3 FPs (tapping every where we needed). Didn't realize it was stuck until after our 3rd FP when I was trying to make our 4th.

I ended up modifying the stuck FP to the disney and pic at short film festival because FP was available and it was close by. When we tapped in, we realized it wasn't going to start for another 12 minutes and it was a 20-minute show. We left to wait for candlelight processional but the FP had dropped off.

Because if that, I checked my MDE after every FP we used. Everything was fine and was able to book several more FPs after our 1st three.

Today our two tier 2 at HS did not drop off account, (went back for a nap after getting BG 73). CM at an umbrella told us upon return they won’t fall off, tried canceling, but still couldn’t book a Tier 1.

Booked muppets and star tours and tapped out. Then all was well. TSM, RNRC, TOT booked after 2:00.

maybe he was wrong, maybe something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!