HS night EMH??

sjlogghe

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone has been to night EMH at HS recently. We're headed to Disney in a little over 2 weeks, and our HS day is planned to be able to stay for EMH, essentially to be able to get in all the TS rides. I'm worried it's still going to be loooon wait times for SDD and TMM ... anyone have experience?? We have FP for AS2, but I was counting on shorter lines at night EMH. We are a night owl family, doing rope drop would NEVER work for us!! Fingers are crossed we'll be able to get everything in with not too long of waits!!

I was wondering if anyone has been to night EMH at HS recently. We're headed to Disney in a little over 2 weeks, and our HS day is planned to be able to stay for EMH, essentially to be able to get in all the TS rides. I'm worried it's still going to be loooon wait times for SDD and TMM ... anyone have experience?? We have FP for AS2, but I was counting on shorter lines at night EMH. We are a night owl family, doing rope drop would NEVER work for us!! Fingers are crossed we'll be able to get everything in with not too long of waits!!

We did the PM EMHs on Friday, 7/6, so right after TSL opened. EMH hours were 10:30pm-12:30am.

We arrived around 10:45-11ish. TSL was pretty darn crowded from my perspective. We had been twice during normal hours a couple of days earlier and the land "felt" every bit as crowded at this point.

SDD had a posted wait time of 90 minutes and had a line stretched out along the fence well into the land itself. But the line "looked" like it was moving pretty quickly so I decided to go for it.

Got in line at 11:42pm, was boarding the ride at 12:26am. 43 mins wait. Without FPs taking up ride capacity during EMHs, the line moved at a pretty reasonable pace from my perspective.

Obviously just a moment in time data point, but hope it's helpful!

(BTW, TSL at night is not to be missed, in my opinion).

Thanks for the info! Fingers crossed it slows down a bit, since we'll be over a month out from opening. But good point in that FPs won't take up ride capacity, so the line will move faster - didn't think about that!

Our last trip, there were no evening EMH. However, in trips past the first hour is pretty crowded, then it starts to slowly thin out after that.

We did the PM EMHs on Friday, 7/6, so right after TSL opened. EMH hours were 10:30pm-12:30am.

We arrived around 10:45-11ish. TSL was pretty darn crowded from my perspective. We had been twice during normal hours a couple of days earlier and the land "felt" every bit as crowded at this point.

SDD had a posted wait time of 90 minutes and had a line stretched out along the fence well into the land itself. But the line "looked" like it was moving pretty quickly so I decided to go for it.

Got in line at 11:42pm, was boarding the ride at 12:26am. 43 mins wait. Without FPs taking up ride capacity during EMHs, the line moved at a pretty reasonable pace from my perspective.

Obviously just a moment in time data point, but hope it's helpful!

(BTW, TSL at night is not to be missed, in my opinion).

We went to EMH the same night. We got to the park at around 9pm so we could eat at Lunchbox. It had been thunder-storming that day, so the rides were closed for a while. When they reopened SDD they only were opening for fast pass as they had a back up. A line began to form outside the ride at around 10:15pm that was for EMH. We got off the ride at 10:45pm. As the PP mentioned, without FP+ the line moves quickly. We could have easily riden 2 more times, but it was our last night and we wanted to ride the rest of the rides at HS and TSL.

My suggestion would be get there as close to EMH start time as possible and do SDD first. From there go to AS2, and finally TSMM. You should be able to do all 3 in the first hour and possibly still get another ride on SDD. Also, if you are using this night to do the whole park it is best to go to TSL first, then to RnR/ToT, and then star tours. The crowd piled into TSL first at 10:30, and then seemed to move to RnR/ToT at around 11:30.

Have Fun!

I was there that night and CM's were letting guests use Fastpasses during EMH for SDD since it had broken down earlier in the day. No idea why, because people could have used them before the park closed.

Since I was there the same night and it was the first evening EMH, I don't know what previous EMH's have been like. If I was you, I would not do TSL during EMH. Maybe a ride on SDD. It was very crowded. Normally I handle crowds very well (in the parks all day on the 4th of July and New Years Eve, etc.). I also have a very high crowd tolerance. I had to leave after I rode SDD. I had much better experiences going to TSL right before the park closed on a non-EMH day. The land was usually fairly empty, and I waited shorter to ride SDD at the end of a park day than I did during EMH. On one day of my trip, I waited 20 minutes to ride SDD (posted 145 minutes) and I got in line 5 minutes before the park closed. During EMH, I waited 45 minutes and I ended up a little further back than I did for the queue at the end of the park day. Again, this could have been to at least 100 people entering the fastpass queue during EMH plus being a little further back in the queue.

If you go to EMH at DHS, I would recommend hitting only one ride at TSL + other rides in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter