HS Rope Drop

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Our HS day falls on the last day of our trip - we'll be there until approx. 1pm and then will need to start the long journey home. The park opens at 9am and as of right now we have FP for *** from 9:30-10:30am and FP for Muppet Vision 3D from 10:40-11:40am. I was unable to get a FP for Slinky Dog. So, my plan is to be there for rope drop at 9am, head to slinky dog and try to sneak that in before our SDD FP. What time should we aim to arrive in order to accomplish this?? The only other thing my kids want to do is the new Disney Jr. Dance Party and FP/info aren't available yet so I can't plan for that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi all! Our HS day falls on the last day of our trip - we'll be there until approx. 1pm and then will need to start the long journey home. The park opens at 9am and as of right now we have FP for *** from 9:30-10:30am and FP for Muppet Vision 3D from 10:40-11:40am. I was unable to get a FP for Slinky Dog. So,

1. my plan is to be there for rope drop at 9am, head to slinky dog and try to sneak that in before our SDD FP.
2. What time should we aim to arrive in order to accomplish this?? !

1. The park will nearly assuredly open much earlier than 9AM.
2. 8AM. (Earlier would not hurt.)

1. The park will nearly assuredly open much earlier than 9AM.
2. 8AM. (Earlier would not hurt.)
Thanks! I kept hearing that it was opening much earlier than posted hours. How do you know when it will actually open? Or is it just a guessing game?

The official hours may change before that day. Watching posted hours can help.
Reading the boards, it sounds like AK and HS generally are opening earlier than posted. and there is nowhere to find that time posted. A best guess is all you can do. Thats what we will be doing next month.

Does HS still open earlier than posted on a morning EMH day? If EMH start at 8, would it be a good idea to assume folks will be let it around 7 and that TSL will open around 7:30?

The official hours may change before that day. Watching posted hours can help.
Reading the boards, it sounds like AK and HS generally are opening earlier than posted. and there is nowhere to find that time posted. A best guess is all you can do. Thats what we will be doing next month.
Oh AK too?? Very good to know, thanks!

I was there last month. Posted open time was 9:00; EMH at 8:00; we were there at 7:40 and it was open to resort guests.

I think the opening a lot before actual park opening is starting to go back to normal at HS. Depends on what day you are there too. If there is EMM on your day, you definitely won't be let on TS rides until it's over at 8:45. Today was the first of that event and ropedrop was at 8:40ish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter