HS Toy Story Mania: [Merged Threads]

We rode TSMM twice last week, with a wheelchair user who can not transfer (needed the special w/c accessible ride vehicle). We were a party of five, and used FP to enter the FP line together. The point where the ECVs/Wheelchairs break off from the rest of the line was a fair distance in--but I did not do the stand-by queue at all, so do not know how that distance compares. Unfortunately, you do not get to see the Potato Head animatronic at all when using the FP/wheelchair entrance. The stand-by line does involve stairs, so be sure to take that into consideration if you are going to try it.

So are you saying that if you have a wheelchair you can not use the standby line? Or do you break off before you get to the stairs. I can not walk or stand.

Jean

So are you saying that if you have a wheelchair you can not use the standby line? Or do you break off before you get to the stairs. I can not walk or stand.

Jean

Just before getting to the stairs there is a bypass with a ramp for people who are not ably do stairs. There are some pictures earlier in this thread that should help you out.

In the regular "standby" line, it is almost to the end of the line before it breaks off where the wheelchairs veer off. It is well worth it to get a fast pass if you can manage it.

One day we took advantage of the EMH's in the am at Hollywood Studios. We got Fast Passes to return between 10:30 and 11:30 (yes, and it was only 8:10 a.m.). Then we got in the very short standby line, which was fun to go through to see all of the animatronics and were on the ride with a wheelchair by 8:40. After departing the ride, we did some touring in general, then went back and used our FP in the FP lane.

Fastpass will help you not have to stand in line for an hour. If you want to see the entire queue go through the standby line, you will go past Mr. Potatohead. Then if you can't do stairs they will have you go to the right to a separate area.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Toy-Story-Mania/index.htm
That was one source of pictures of the ride.

I never been on it so I probably am wrong.popcorn:: :rolleyes1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUjbI_P0k6E
This is from a preview event and it shows that Mr. Potato Head is before one set of stairs. Maybe this can refresh people's memories.
That's a good video. :thumbsup2
Most people who shoot video are not interested in the lines or boarding - they just shoot the actual ride.
That video shows the entire standby line.

To add a little more to what mrsksomeday wrote,
Mr. Potato Head is in the standby line. Someone using a wheelchair would be able to see Mr. Potato Head if they use that line because the bypass for the stairs is after Mr. Potato Head.
In the video, when they get to the stairs, the bypass for the stairs is to the right (where the stairs were to the left). The place where the 3D glasses were handed out has 2 sides - the one the video showed was the Stand-by side. Just on the other side is the Fastpass 3D glasses distribution. The Fastpass and Standby lines join just after getting the 3D glasses, right before the stairs.

Sorry had this bookmarked and brought it up by mistake. Thought it was a new thread and wanted to say that I loved the video...oopssssss
:flower3:

Sorry had this bookmarked and brought it up by mistake. Thought it was a new thread and wanted to say that I loved the video...oopssssss
:flower3:
That's OK.
There is actually a linknti this in post 3 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread bear the top of this board.
You bumped it up for people who had maybe not seen the video before. The first few pages are speculation, but the last few are actual experience, which has not changed. The video is very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!