HS with 3y/o help

a pirate's mama

Earning My Ears
Hi, All -
We're headed to WDW in less than 30 days now and I was hoping for some insight. I haven't been since 2017 so I know a lot has changed. There will be four of us, two adults and two children (boys ages 13 and 3). We're staying art Art of Animation and have the DDP.
I don't think Hollywood Studios is going to be the focus of our trip since it is my friend's 3 year old son's first time, but what would you recommend for him?
He's pretty adventurous and an early riser.
What are your thoughts/ideas/touring plans?
I appreciate any and all feedback!

Not sure if you’re going after SWGE opens, but based on the current attractions, I would recommend all 3 Toy Story rides plus Star Tours. My daughter also liked ToT at age 3, but she was very tall for her age - not sure if your friend’s son will be tall enough.

Thanks, MischaOz. We are going after SWGE opens. Sept 7 - 15. I did get a FastPass for Slinky Dog Dash. I was sort of hoping with all of the Star Wars stuff being available that maybe Toy Story Land would be less crowded? He was right between 39" and 40" when I measured him over the weekend. We'll just have to see how much he grows in 29.5 days!!

My kids will be 6, 4 and almost 3 while we're there. I planned on TSM, Muppets 3D (they love Muppet Babies on Disney Channel), Frozen Sing Along, Disney Junior Dance Party and possibly Lightening McQueen. Attempting to squeeze some Star Wars in there too!

When we last went we hired a Disney Sea Raycer for the first time. I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old and they both thoroughly enjoyed cruising around on seven seas lagoon. We’d been to Disney so many times over the years and had never done it. We will definitely be doing it again.

My kids will be 6, 4 and almost 3 while we're there. I planned on TSM, Muppets 3D (they love Muppet Babies on Disney Channel), Frozen Sing Along, Disney Junior Dance Party and possibly Lightening McQueen. Attempting to squeeze some Star Wars in there too!
That sounds like it will be right up the little guy's alley. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm not sure his parents have let him watch Star Wars yet, but I know my 13 y/o is dying to check everything out even if he can't ride this time.

When we last went we hired a Disney Sea Raycer for the first time. I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old and they both thoroughly enjoyed cruising around on seven seas lagoon. We’d been to Disney so many times over the years and had never done it. We will definitely be doing it again.
That might be something! My son has been there 17 times, but this will be the 3 y/o's first time and I want to watch him witness as much magic as possible. We all love water, though, so it is definitely a possibility. Which marina did you depart from?

That sounds like it will be right up the little guy's alley. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm not sure his parents have let him watch Star Wars yet, but I know my 13 y/o is dying to check everything out even if he can't ride this time.

That might be something! My son has been there 17 times, but this will be the 3 y/o's first time and I want to watch him witness as much magic as possible. We all love water, though, so it is definitely a possibility. Which marina did you depart from?

We went out from the Contemporary. You leave the marina, hang a left and then you can head over to the grand Floridian/ Poly. I think you can drop it off at any of the marinas but I may be wrong.

We've done this before too and loved it, we did it before we had kids though.
We were staying at Wilderness Lodge and left from there. It was so much fun. I can see it being a real hit with kids. My now 3yo would love it.

We've done this before too and loved it, we did it before we had kids though.
We were staying at Wilderness Lodge and left from there. It was so much fun. I can see it being a real hit with kids. My now 3yo would love it.
I guess my biggest concern is that my friend won't want to drive the boat. I can sort of feel it out and see what could happen. It looks like they have the Whalers and pontoon boats if I have to take all of us. Thanks for the input.

Just took my 3 yo son to HS. He loved all 3 Toy Story rides, the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Lightning McQueen show, Frozen sing along, Disney Jr dance party, and especially the Muppetvision 3D. He laughed the whole time.

Just took my 3 yo son to HS. He loved all 3 Toy Story rides, the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Lightning McQueen show, Frozen sing along, Disney Jr dance party, and especially the Muppetvision 3D. He laughed the whole time.
Thanks, westie55! This will really help with our touring plan. 8-)

I'm in the same boat. 3 yo and 8 yo in my case, the little one is tall enough for Toy Story rides and SWGE Smugglers Run, and we have reservations for Oga's Cantina and Droid Depot. But I'm worried even if we get there at the beginning of EMH it's going to be too crazy and overwhelming. And originally I wanted to stay in the park until Jingle Bell Jingle Bam but I think it's just too long a day with and EMH morning as well. Maybe we'll finish lunch/Ogas, hit Muppets and go back to the resort.

Havent been to WDW in several years. Used to sometimes see Darth Vader in the Studios. Does he appear anywhere, any park, any more?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter