https://en.coorent.com/en/slideshow/disabled-woman-humiliated-by-airport-employee-who-refused-to-hel

i couldnt find the exact article but here is another one --> http://www.independent.co.uk/travel...anair-nathalie-allport-grantham-a8138051.html

its quite sad of course. That lady should be fired. Seems like someone did come to her rescue though. Not quite sure what happened when she got left out in the rain though. it sounds like she was boarding a plane that didnt get a jetway.
sad, hopefully this will make them improve the service some more.

Its not just people who don't look "sick", airlines also won't help out people who "look" like they need help. Just my experience:

Many years ago, my grandparents came to visit us. They flew from Central Wisconsin to Alabama. My Grandmother was in a wheelchair from a stroke, while my granddad used a walker.

They flew Northwest and arrived in Minneapolis to change planes. When he booked the tickets, my Grandfather had specifically told them of the need for help for him and my Grandmother, explaining their medical conditions. The Northwest rep assured him that someone would be waiting for them at the gate at every step to help them out.

They get to the gate at Minneapolis, deplane, and no one is there to help them. They wait, thinking that someone may have been running late. No one shows up. My Grandfather asks the gate agent for help, and the agent say that he can't help them and that he should have asked for help in advance! So my Grandfather pushes my Grandmother's wheel chair one handed through the airport, towing his walker with the other hand, and both of them dealing with their carry on bags.

When they arrive at our airport, everyone has left the airplane, but no grandparents. No one is there to help them. Since this was pre 9/11, I ask the gate agent if she would like for me to help out my Grandparents, and the gate agent (obviously stressed over this) agrees. So my Dad and I go out on the ramp, get on the airplane and help my grandparents off.

When my mom found out about no one from Northwest helping them after they requested help, she called Northwest and tore them a new one. Needless to say, on the way back home, there were multiple people at every step of their flight willing to help them out.

That is so sad!!!!
I am thinking about the very elderly lady in the little motorized chair who was left on her own, when agents at the gate should have helped... And ended up going over onto the down-escalator.
She was severely injured, and I believe she did pass away weeks/months later... I don't think she was ever released from the hospital or recovery care.

I do not look as old and as limited as I truly am.
I am not in a wheelchair, of course.... But I know how it feels for everyone to question you and to assume that you can just do everything...
It is awful sometimes!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter