Humboldt hockey bus crash

Bus was travelling due north. Truck was travelling due west. The grove of trees is at the southeast corner of the intersection, blocking each driver from seeing the other vehicle.

Thats what I thought happened. Thanks for confirming. They really should do something about those trees. Its incredibly dangerous. As someone else pointed out, there was another crash or two at that exact same intersection.

Thats what I thought happened. Thanks for confirming. They really should do something about those trees. Its incredibly dangerous. As someone else pointed out, there was another crash or two at that exact same intersection.

Or make it a 4 way stop.

I still think the only way to prevent future accidents is getting rid of those trees.

There is no way to prevent future accidents. The goal is to lower their likeliness.

Is this intersection statistically less safe than similar intersections? If it isn't then this is a tragic accident but one that is in line with acceptable risk. If it is more dangerous by a statistically significant margin then the solution needs to be the mitigation that is most effective.

There is no way to prevent future accidents. The goal is to lower their likeliness.
Yes clearly there's no way to prevent future accidents. I did mean it as "lower the chances of future accidents".

I forgot that in the community boards every word counts and that I shouldnt assume everyone knew that thats what i meant. :)

Sad update today - the team trainer Dayna Brons passed away in hospital today as a result of her injuries from the crash bringing the total number of deaths from the accident to 16.

Tomorrow is Jersey Day all across the country. Many schools, universities, cities and business are all participating - even the Canadian Forces have authorized their members to wear jerseys at their work sites. http://thechronicleherald.ca/canada...race-jersey-day-theres-healing-in-the-helping

We have a brilliant cartoonist, Bruce MacKinnon, at our local paper. Here is today's cartoon:

Bruce%2003%2011%202018%20RGB_1.jpg

So sad that another has died.

The schools are wearing jerseys or green tomorrow instead of there uniforms here.

So very sad. My daughter’s school is wearing jerseys tomorrow and I plan to wear one to work.

I'm from Saskatoon which is the biggest city by the accident and were mostly everyone was transported if not everyone and things are still pretty intense around here. Stores and buildings with hockey sticks left out by the door, signs and billboards. The local lacrosse team the Rush had a game last night and they took all the big advertising down around the boards and put up the names of everyone in the crash and the rush wore humboldt on their jerseys instead of their names and the visiting georgia swarm all have broncos on their jerseys. Now unfortunately when things of this nature happen there will always be backlash and that is starting to happen with people sick of hearing about it, or suggesting that if this was a bus of anyone other than white male hockey players that the interest wouldn't be as big too a complaint that people should stop donating to the gofundme for the team because what do they need with $10+million dollars.

I'm from Saskatoon which is the biggest city by the accident and were mostly everyone was transported if not everyone and things are still pretty intense around here. Stores and buildings with hockey sticks left out by the door, signs and billboards. The local lacrosse team the Rush had a game last night and they took all the big advertising down around the boards and put up the names of everyone in the crash and the rush wore humboldt on their jerseys instead of their names and the visiting georgia swarm all have broncos on their jerseys. Now unfortunately when things of this nature happen there will always be backlash and that is starting to happen with people sick of hearing about it, or suggesting that if this was a bus of anyone other than white male hockey players that the interest wouldn't be as big too a complaint that people should stop donating to the gofundme for the team because what do they need with $10+million dollars.
My DS pointed these comments out to me the other night. I’m truly shocked and appalled. What a miserable, miserable thing to say. :furious:

That’s terrible. I bet they wouldn’t feel the same if it was their family member on that bus.

My DS pointed these comments out to me the other night. I’m truly shocked and appalled. What a miserable, miserable thing to say. :furious:
That's a disgusting thing to say, I agree! Whats wrong with people? :furious:

I learned that no matter the situation, there will always be trolls out there trolling. That's just what they do.

That's a disgusting thing to say, I agree! Whats wrong with people? :furious:

I learned that no matter the situation, there will always be trolls out there trolling. That's just what they do.
It was actually really bothering me yesterday so I followed up on it a little. Turns out the woman who made the comment is a “social justice warrior” known for being evocative. The explanation given in one of the articles I read (written by another pundit) was that she was trying to use this current publicity as a platform to bring attention to her views on systemic racism in Canada and her comments were mostly in relation to the gigantic GoFundMe balance.

:rolleyes: Whatever. I think most people would agree with our sentiments that the comment was deplorable and did the exact opposite of having any positive result for her ideology. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter