• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Humidity/comfort/price?

JustBob

Mouseketeer
Okay - we love popup camping.
Would the lower price of camping at WDW be worth the high humidity and possible discomfort? We live in Colorado where there is no humidity and if we decided to camp in WDW what would be the least humid month? Or is it not really an issue because of the many airconditioned places to escape to? What do you think?

We're from Minnesota, so the humidity in the summer months in Florida would be too much for us too. We usually camp in the winter months - our favorite is February. The crowds are low, and the weather is usually very nice for camping. Cool nights (40s-50s) and warm days (70s). If you decide to camp in the spring or summer months, definitely bring a fan for sleeping at night!

I live in the South and the humidity is too much for me in the summer. In fact, the furthest north I've ever lived is here in South Carolina.

If you don't have AC, you need to stay somewhere else or go at a different time of year.

Thats what water parks are for, it is rough at the theme parks in the summer but the water parks are a blast. i will take high humidity over snow and ice any day.

LOL! As if you have any snow & ice to worry about in Palm Harbor!!! ;)

We just got some new snow today - it's beautiful - but cold!!!! :earseek:

As others have said, summer is not the time to visit FW if you do not have an air conditioner. I was jsut there in my pop up in early December and needed the AC on several days.

This has been discussed on the Pop Up Time Message Board several times. I also have a few picture and a write up on the trip section of my personal web site .

Go in the winter and have a great time.

We tent camped in the heat and humidity of August without airconditioning. :crazy: We had a great time but it was hot and between the downpours that week and the humidity we never really dried out. Would I do it again? YES!

We're now from NEngland, and one of the first things we noticed was the AC in the comfort stations! I know some folks who have camped at Ft. Wilderness in a pop-up in the summertime and had a great time. For me, the summertime humidity would be too much.

We also have a pop up (with no AC) and love camping at FW...but we use our heads about when to camp and when to spend the extra cash for an airconditioned hotel room.

We are from Philly so we know humiditiy pretty well.

We camped this past Oct and found the temps and humidity very comfortable. we do have some small fans that we ran a few nights. At no time were we uncomfortable in our popup.

We also camped last Sept (2000) and it was quite a bit warmer. If i had AC in my camper, i would do it again in a heart beat. Some nights were doable with the fans, but some were downright miserable.

We are going back in June and staying at the All Stars - too hot for the camper at night!!!!

We are considering a late Sept/early Oct trip next year as well and will definately be using the pop up at FW.

- lori

:p Well being from south Georgia:Let me tell you there is no way in Gods Green Earth that i will stay in july like we did 2 years ago.It was hot Humid Rain andvery hot did i say that allready? And yes i work in a factory Cooper Tires that is , And do i know about hot! I have a pop up with a ac unit and yes it helped allott but if your not use to the heat and humidity stay away from the inferno of Fla, in the summer. And yes i did live in fla before , Clearwater.

Hi Rhonda, just curious, when you drive down, have you ever had any problems with ice/snow? What route do you take? I agree with everyone's posts here. In 2000, we camped in July with a pop-up. We had A/C, but the humidity is a real killer.

I don't know if we'll ever get a great rate like we did this past October of $49 per night at All Star Sports, so I think I need to look at the whole camping thing again to be able to afford the trip!

Thanx.

As a native Floridian, I would have to say the month with the least humidity is February! If you want a warmer month, April and May aren't too bad. Summer is summer here, if you do come when it's really hot, buy mister, they really do help.

Our favorite time is October- November. Always have great weather. The fans are fine during the day if it gets too warm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter