• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Humor me

ToyStory Fan

Space Ranger
Someone PLEASE tell me my waitlist streak is not over. So far I've been 5 for 5 on waitlists coming through for vacations - even on some booked with less than 2 weeks before arrival. Now I offer up my DVC to a very good friend and get their hopes up and I haven't heard anything in almost a month from member services. Is October going to be that busy that nothing is available???

Anyway - just looking for some thoughts or kind words that all is not lost yet. Can't help but think that my streak is coming to an end though. I almost feel worse since this is for my friend.

I don't have any words of wisdom, but I am in that same boat with you. Our friends have all but the last night of their stay booked at BCV. They are in a 1 bedroom the first 3 nights and a studio the last. I so hope that it comes through. I won't know what to say if it doesn't. We still have time though so every thing that I can cross on my body is crossed.....I look pretty funny walking around!BTW, the last night is 12/4

Yes October is very busy the last few years- low points and the F&W festival- The resort you are trying for could make the difference. I was waitlisted for both SSR and OKW for Oct 14-17 and got them last Friday at OKW so stopped the SSR one. Depending on the dates you are looking for you may no longer be on the list and need to call to extend it or check for avavilability. Good luck!

October has come to be just as popular with DVC members as early December. Depending on how far down the list you are and what resort (BWV and BCV, forget it), it could be tough.

Are you still more than 31 days from arrival? At this point, the best chance of a waitlist coming through will be then. As you probably know, points from reservations cancelled 30 days or less from arrival go into the holding account. Holding Account points have some "not so nice" restrictions on their use.

If you are less than 31 days from arrival, did you call MS and request to be kept on the waitlist? If not, your request is no longer there.

Good luck - hope it comes through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter