Hurricane-damaged cabanas reopened?

PendingPeril

Mouseketeer
I saw the grand family beach cabana pop up on my port excursions today, which I read on here had been shut down since the hurricane. Tried to reserve it, but must have been seconds late. Anyone else see it come up for their future cruise?

How far out is your cruise? I haven’t seen anything pop up for our which is in a few weeks.

I am not sure. I do know though that my Concierge window opened this morning at midnight for our April 25th cruise. We were able to get a cabana but folks who were platinum said that they were not able to. Which I realize is often the case but I do think there are a few that are still not available.

Cabanas 19, 20 & 21 were being used Dec 26th & 27th on the Fantasy double dip. Dec 26th was the first day since the hurricane

I saw the grand family beach cabana pop up on my port excursions today, which I read on here had been shut down since the hurricane. Tried to reserve it, but must have been seconds late. Anyone else see it come up for their future cruise?

Were you trying to book for more than one cabin? I've discovered that the system won't (or at least wouldn't) allow that. Instead try booking for just your cabin. That has worked for me in the past. It is easy to add the others once onboard.

Cabanas 19, 20 & 21 were being used Dec 26th & 27th on the Fantasy double dip. Dec 26th was the first day since the hurricane
Ah, finally confirmation. Thanks.
Were you trying to book for more than one cabin? I've discovered that the system won't (or at least wouldn't) allow that. Instead try booking for just your cabin. That has worked for me in the past. It is easy to add the others once onboard.
No, it was just for our cabin. Probably would've tried to find another family to split it with had I gotten it. Too bad.

This ended up working out for us. Took the earliest check in time available and got boarding group 5, then went right to guest services to get on the waitlist for a cabana. I didn’t think they would give us any kind of priority since we were first timers with a GTY reservation. Almost gave up hope and they rang our room for a cabana as we were leaving the room to go to castaway cay. It was a really awesome experience.

This ended up working out for us. Took the earliest check in time available and got boarding group 5, then went right to guest services to get on the waitlist for a cabana. I didn’t think they would give us any kind of priority since we were first timers with a GTY reservation. Almost gave up hope and they rang our room for a cabana as we were leaving the room to go to castaway cay. It was a really awesome experience.
Nice. Was this recent or a long time ago? Which ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter