Hurricane Irma - DIS team updates

With Hurricane Irma nearing Florida, I am sure i'm not the only one who is concerned for the DIS team and their safety. During Hurricane Matthew in 2016, I set up a thread to provide updates on the team's safety and that seemed to be gratefully received. Therefore I thought i'd do the same for Irma. (I have set this thread up before the hurricane hits, so y'all know where to come for team updates in the hours following the severe weather)

* I will update this thread after the hurricane has passed - likely to be Monday afternoon/evening *

Pete Werner:
Kevin Klose & John Magi:
Teresa Echols:
Corey & Julie Martin:
Craig Williams:
lost power (Sun 7:20p)
Ryno Clavin:
Kathy Werling:
Katie and I are fine. It was a very windy night, the house shook, but we are ok. Glad that is over with.
Steve Porter:
Jackie Gailey:
Charles Boda:
Shaun Faulk:

If you have heard that any other members of the team are fine, please comment below and i'll update this post.

LAST UPDATED: 7:26PM SUNDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER

So glad you're okay Kathy and I'm following a few of the guys on twitter and they seem okay as well.

I was watching it yesterday (and catching up with it today) on the news, over in the UK, it looked awful.

Kevin and I are fine - never lost power and have minimal damage - not even worth mentioning given what some people have been through.

It was a bit scary overnight and the dogs were very upset but we stayed up through the whole storm switching between the weather on TV and binge watched Orange is the New Black - which in retrospect seems like an odd choice since we felt 'trapped' in our house.

I have heard from Pete and they are all safe. No power at his house and some damage.

Teresa is also safe but without power.

We had some agents in town ride out the storm in USO Portofino Bay Hotel and they have power and felt super safe - some said the rooms were so secure and sound proof that they slept through the storm. Last night for dinner the hotel had a special meal for guests staying there - it was in the ball rooms with linens and fine dining.

Kevin and I are fine - never lost power and have minimal damage - not even worth mentioning given what some people have been through.

It was a bit scary overnight and the dogs were very upset but we stayed up through the whole storm switching between the weather on TV and binge watched Orange is the New Black - which in retrospect seems like an odd choice since we felt 'trapped' in our house.

I have heard from Pete and they are all safe. No power at his house and some damage.

Teresa is also safe but without power.

We had some agents in town ride out the storm in USO Portofino Bay Hotel and they have power and felt super safe - some said the rooms were so secure and sound proof that they slept through the storm. Last night for dinner the hotel had a special meal for guests staying there - it was in the ball rooms with linens and fine dining.

Thanks for the update John and glad to hear everyone is doing about as well as could be expected

I can imagine that being quite the ordeal for the dogs though - one of our dogs we have to put a wrap around during regular thunderstorms to keep from shaking so he would really be upset by what you all were experiencing!

Just updated first post with everyone's information/updates. Only people left to confirm are Charles and Shaun. Anyone heard from either of them?

Thanks to everyone who has posted updates on here. And glad all the team are ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!