Hurricane watch 2018

We are driving down tomorrow from Jekyll Island for the MNSSHP, I am not too concerned about that other than might be rainy. We are supposed to drive home to TN Wednesday and I am concerned about that. Wondering if we need to cancel and just head home or start checking into adding a day to trip drive home Thursday afternoon.

That might be a tough one. Can you add 2 days and drive back Friday? Storm should be way gone off the coast by Friday

Depending on damage and where it hits could be looking at road closures in parts of Northern Florida

Thank you guys for the information. As some one who just arrived from California today and I get a news alert saying massive hurricane coming to Florida but doesn’t mention where in Florida I was a little worried. Flight in was a little rocky but we made it. We are here for a long trip and it looks like next weeks weather is better then this week so we will just roll with the punches and just enjoy ourselves. Praying for everyone in the path.

The local weather forecast this evening doesn’t really call for anything out of the ordinary until Friday when a Cold Front is supposed to come through and drop temps into the 60’s at night for a couple nights. The rain forecast was around 30% which is pretty typical and actually drops to basically nothing by the weekend. So long as your flight is not affected by weather at your departure airport, things should be OK here.

Keeping everyone in the storm’s path in my thoughts. Keep safe everyone!

The local weather forecast this evening doesn’t really call for anything out of the ordinary until Friday when a Cold Front is supposed to come through and drop temps into the 60’s at night for a couple nights. The rain forecast was around 30% which is pretty typical and actually drops to basically nothing by the weekend. So long as your flight is not affected by weather at your departure airport, things should be OK here.

Wow a drop in temps would be so nice right now. We will be on our cruise this weekend and returning on Sunday. Hopefully it will still be cooler next week.

Stay safe everyone! Safe travels!::yes::

It just got upgraded to a category 4 hurricane and is expected to make landfall as such. I hope everyone in its path stays safe :grouphug:

My husband's aunt owns a condo in the Panhandle. The condo association had a contract with a company that does storm prep - and just informed them that due to other commitments they would not be able to prepare the condo at all. The condo is sitting open, right on the beach, and all the family can do is sit and stew. Lives are more important, I'm so glad they aren't down there and I hope that everyone who is can keep themselves and their loved ones out of harm's way. It's still frustrating, though.

Some of the computer models coming in are showing a much stronger storm than what is being talked about on TV. Category 4 at landfall IS POSSIBLE
I personally DO NOT believe that it gets to a Cat 4. There are some models that say it does but I think that is really pushing it.
You were right the first time. In fact, it was only 2mph away from a Category 5. Everyone stay safe!

My husband's aunt owns a condo in the Panhandle. The condo association had a contract with a company that does storm prep - and just informed them that due to other commitments they would not be able to prepare the condo at all. The condo is sitting open, right on the beach, and all the family can do is sit and stew. Lives are more important, I'm so glad they aren't down there and I hope that everyone who is can keep themselves and their loved ones out of harm's way. It's still frustrating, though.

That’s horrible. I am surprised they don’t go ahead and hurricane prep their condo I’d they are going to be away during hurricane season. I know a lot of condo owners that do. But if this is something the association was supposed to take care of, they should have done so. Would the association be liable for damages? I hope their condo is OK.

I have family that lives on the Atlantic coast of Florida in a townhouse community. They have to do their own hurricane prep, and they have these transparent, corrugated hurricane shutters they can just put up at the beginning of the season and take down at the end. Unlike most shutters, they don’t block the light so it doesn’t feel like you’re in a cave while they’re up. If I lived near the coast, I would have the same. It saves a lot of time when the evacuation order comes if your windows are already prepped.

Well there is some good news at least to come out today.

ALL of the long range computer models show NO tropical formation for at least the next 10 to 15 days.

It does look like the hurricane season is coming to an end. Thankfully!!

You were right the first time. In fact, it was only 2mph away from a Category 5. Everyone stay safe!

ACtually, I now believe, when all of the data is analyzed over the next few months, I think they will rate Michael as a Category 5 at landfall.

Wow a drop in temps would be so nice right now. We will be on our cruise this weekend and returning on Sunday. Hopefully it will still be cooler next week.

It’s supposed to be back up to the 90’s by Tuesday, unfortunately. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter