Hyatt House across from Universal

Monykalyn

DIS Veteran
This is a newer hotel right across street from Universal Orlando (not to be confused with Hyatt Place) I actually forgot to take pics, but the pics on Trip Advisor are accurate.
We stayed 12/26/18-12/30/18. Booked direct with Hyatt. Reservation originally for 1 bedroom suite (2 queens in bedroom, pullout couch, kitchen with stovetop, full size fridge and dishwasher, real plates, cups, silverware, and cookware); also original reservation was through 12/29 (we decided to stay extra day)
Check in: got an email day before that online checkin available - used to Disney online checkin I went ahead and did this. MISTAKE. Apparently there’s a glitch that when you do this the computer assigns whatever room is available, not necessarily what you’ve booked, especially if hotel sold out (like this was). This was explained to me by George, the manager who checked us in. We got a 2 queen studio not the 1 bedroom. However George apologized, and got us in the 1 bed the next day, and even let us stay in same room for the added day (which Georg somehow managed to finagle for us-sold out hotel)and discounted the stay for the inconvenience. It worked out as we were near the laundry so did some laundry then went over to the parks. We also got to stay in the queen studio until our 1 bed was ready (way past official checkout).
Room(s): both were very clean, beds comfortable and pillows nice. The bathroom is brand new, big walk in shower. When the couch is pulled out into bed the space in living area is tight. AC worked very very well. There are ports and plugs all over the room- very nice for recharging electronics. There is an island/bar in kitchen area hat has a desk chair on one side, two bar stools on other side, and both sides of island have handy USB ports and outlets. Lots of storage to unpack and stow things. Tvs in both living area and bedroom side
Laundry: on 4th & 7th floors, need room key to access, 3 washers and 3 dryers in each. Need CC to use $3 per machine). Laundry detergent available in mini mart in lobby.
Pool: the pool just got heaters a few days before our stay per staff. It hadn’t really heated up yet night we used the pool! There is a nice seating area with fire pits by bar area. The bar area opens to outside as well, and the seating area is separated by the seating Benches by fire pits and gates. Drinks are typical hotel bar price, but very good. Malik bartending was super nice.
Free breakfast: never had issue with finding seating - especially as the hotel was full for the holiday. Some of the seating had charging ports at seat as well. Food was good with choice of potato, breakfast meat and “specialty” - like pancakes, waffles, French toast-changing daily. Also cereals (hot and cold, with toppings for hot cereals), milks including soy and almond milk, coffee, teas, pastries, breads etc. food was always plentiful.
Staff: seriously some of the friendliest and efficient staff I’ve ever encountered. Even with our room snafu, it was handled well.
Shuttle to universal: we didn’t use this, but I think you needed to sign up for am shuttle service. FYI there was usually an Uber driver by entrance. $7-10 with tip trip to universal drop off.
Extra fees- NONE! No fees for shuttle, parking or resort fees!
There is a walkway being constructed to cross busy Kirkman road (in doubletree parking area), but it will still be a longer walk. We drove to universal as our passes included free premium and valet parking. Very short and easy hop to Uni parking garages or valet.

Overall: very good stay. Loved the newer aspect (I don’t think the pullout couches had even been used!), and location to Universal. The no added fees, plus free breakfast added to value. Overall I didn’t even mind the check in snafu as even with the extra day and a couple drinks at the bar two separate nights the total bill was less than our original 3 night stay :D

Hi thanks for sharing this report. I just found it when I was looking for a Vistana thread. I checked out the pics on trip adviser and it looks nice. I always like to hear personal reviews on places and will keep this one on the back burner. I am glad that you enjoyed it and the staff took care of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!