Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Buena Vista

disbyrd

Earning My Ears
https://orlandolakebuenavista.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

This just opened around a year ago and I have not seen a review on here yet for this particular hotel and wanted to put some information out there in case it would fit the bill for anyone. We recently stayed there for 16 nights with a family of 6 (2adults, 4 school-aged kids) and I really cannot recommend it enough, especially if you are able to secure a good deal on it. We used Priceline express deals and got the room for $68/night, and there are NO parking or resort fees so what you see is what you get. Our room was listed as a "standard" room, but each and every room has a pull out couch in a separate seating area, so they are really more of a suite. We were in a standard room with 2 queens and the pull out bed and the 6 of us slept very comfortably for the entire 2+ weeks that we were there. The rooms are very large (370-424 sq ft) and we had plenty of space for our stuff without feeling crowded. There are also family rooms that include a set of bunk beds as well as the 2 queens or 1 king and the pull out couch, so you could have a lot of different sleeping options depending on what works for your family. There was a mini fridge in the room, but no microwave (there is one available down in the breakfast area 24 hours a day). There is a heated pool and hot tub, both handicap accessible, that were decent. No slides or splash pads, but adequate to cool down on a hot day or after a long day at the parks. There is on-site laundry, but consists of only 2 washers and dryers, so there were a couple of times that I had to wait a bit to do my laundry. The real highlight of the hotel is their breakfast. There is a large, free breakfast every morning that includes eggs, meat, oatmeal with fixins, greek yogurt, pancakes or waffles, cereal, fruit, bread, etc. It was great to be able to start each day with a hot breakfast that was not all carbs and starch, and really probably saved us quite a bit of money because the kids would eat really good breakfasts and then not to eat much for lunch at the parks. Overall the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We had a very good experience.
The hotel is located in a nice area near the Crossroads Mall on Palm Parkway. There are tons of places to eat nearby, including a Cicis Pizza Buffet within walking distance that we indulging in a couple of times. There is also a Winn-Dixie grocery store very close that has "regular" prices, not inflated "tourist" prices. It is just about a 15 minute drive to any Disney park or to Universal (the 2 places that we visited), and there was a free shuttle available to both (we did not use it, so I cannot say how good the service was).
Overall, if you are looking for a place near the parks that is pretty low cost, I think that the Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Buena Vista is worth a look. It was a great fit for us, and I thought a wonderful bargain.

vvv--Obviously my Avatar is very outdated (it's from our last trip), but just add 8 years and you get the idea of how old the kids were :) ---vvv

Can you tell me when you booked through Priceline Express? I am hesitant to use it because I fear we would could end up somewhere bad. However, $68/night could be worth the risk. The Hyatt Place website's rates are $117 and up. The photos on the website, and the reviews on other sites are consistent with your super-positive review.

Apologies for bumping an old thread!

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently please? We are looking at staying here for a few nights in December before moving to our DVC.

Particularly interested in if they have a shuttle to the theme parks.

TIA :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!