Hyperspace Mountain to Stick Around?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hey all,

Not sure if this information is accurate but can anybody confirm that the Hyperspace Mountain overlay to Space Mountain is expected to stick around throughout the summer (pretty much until it is time to put up the Ghost Galaxy overlay) to alleviate a tiny bit of the crowds that will be swarming Galaxy's Edge? I personally wouldn't mind this as it is the overlay I've enjoyed the most and have only done once years ago at this point. Would love to get the chance to experience it again! We're headed to DLR the second to last week of August, if that's any help with the answer if it'll be around or not.

Thanks!

Man I hope it sticks around through the new year... We have missed it a few times (by days!!!!) and would love to see it. Space Mountain is my daughters favorite and to see it with the overlay would be wonderful. We have done Ghost Galaxy and enjoyed that too :)

I think the Ghost Galaxy was the overlay when we were last there in 2015 and 2016 and I wasn't a fan. I'm hoping the Hyperspace will still be there when we go in September, otherwise I would certainly be happy with the original!

Last I heard Hyperspace was in place until end of June. Probably smart to just keep it going to help cope with the influx of Star Wars fans in the park. It’s my favorite version of Space Mt so I sure don’t mind if it sticks around.

Do you happen to know what Disney considers to be "summer" vs "fall"? We will be there Sept 7th - 14th which feels like it could go either way.

The first official day of Halloweentime at DLR is September 6 so if they are going to do the Ghost Galaxy overlay it will probably go down for a day or two right after Labor Day and open on 9/6 as Ghost Galaxy. I wouldn't be surprised if they just leave it Hyperspace until then.

All that said, when I look at the Halloweentime page for DLR it does not currently list Ghost Galaxy, only Haunted Mansion Holiday...

I love Hyperspace and despise Ghost Galaxy. Non-overlay is a distant second to Hyperspace (and I grew up on non-overlay so the awesomeness of Hyperspace even overpowers my love for Disney nostalgia).

The first official day of Halloweentime at DLR is September 6 so if they are going to do the Ghost Galaxy overlay it will probably go down for a day or two right after Labor Day and open on 9/6 as Ghost Galaxy. I wouldn't be surprised if they just leave it Hyperspace until then.

All that said, when I look at the Halloweentime page for DLR it does not currently list Ghost Galaxy, only Haunted Mansion Holiday...

I love Hyperspace and despise Ghost Galaxy. Non-overlay is a distant second to Hyperspace (and I grew up on non-overlay so the awesomeness of Hyperspace even overpowers my love for Disney nostalgia).

I'm totally with you! Would rather have the vanilla version than Ghost Galaxy.

I'm seeing a bit of both sides for what people are saying for it's end date? Has anything been said officially? Will regular Space Mountain be returning between Hyperspace and Ghost Galaxy or is it sticking around straight through until the Halloween transformation??

I'm guessing that Hyperspace will probably be around through the end of summer. The release said "For a limited time this summer, the high-speed Star Wars-themed overlay brings a galactic adventure to Space Mountain." So hopefully that means through Labor Day. It's currently showing at least through early July (when the operating schedule is posted).

As for Ghost Galaxy, I'm less sure about that. I couldn't find any reference to it on the Disneyland.com HalloweenTime webpage (they mention HMH). Maybe it's one of those "wait and see" type things. They'll gauge whether Hyperspace is still really popular and leave it in place or switch over to Ghost Galaxy if it seems like there needs to be a stronger Halloween-presence in DL.

I was wondering about this too, and I found a little trick to find out. I changed the date on my phone to a few weeks from now and then I opened the Space Mountain page on Disneyland.com. On there, there is a calendar that tells the hours of the ride on a specific day, until the last day that park hours have been released. Normally you can only access the calendar for the next 6 weeks. But if you change the date on your phone, you can access the dates 6 weeks from the day your phone says it is (so if you change the date to August 15th you can access the ride calendar up to 6 weeks after August 15th). When you access those dates, it won’t tell you the hours since they haven’t been released yet, but if the ride will be open, it says “Empty Schedule.” If the ride will not be open, it says “No Times Available.” Until September 4, the page for regular Space Mountain says “No Times Available.” But starting on September 5, it says “Empty Schedule.” When I change the date on my phone, the Hyperspace Mountain calendar disappears. But based on this, it seems that Hyperspace Mountain will be open until September 4 and Space Mountain will reopen September 5, without GG. I can’t find anything about GG on the Disneyland website. I hope this helps and sorry it’s so complicated.

I was wondering about this too, and I found a little trick to find out. I changed the date on my phone to a few weeks from now and then I opened the Space Mountain page on Disneyland.com. On there, there is a calendar that tells the hours of the ride on a specific day, until the last day that park hours have been released. Normally you can only access the calendar for the next 6 weeks. But if you change the date on your phone, you can access the dates 6 weeks from the day your phone says it is (so if you change the date to August 15th you can access the ride calendar up to 6 weeks after August 15th). When you access those dates, it won’t tell you the hours since they haven’t been released yet, but if the ride will be open, it says “Empty Schedule.” If the ride will not be open, it says “No Times Available.” Until September 4, the page for regular Space Mountain says “No Times Available.” But starting on September 5, it says “Empty Schedule.” When I change the date on my phone, the Hyperspace Mountain calendar disappears. But based on this, it seems that Hyperspace Mountain will be open until September 4 and Space Mountain will reopen September 5, without GG. I can’t find anything about GG on the Disneyland website. I hope this helps and sorry it’s so complicated.
I’d be so happy! Since Halloween moved to dca maybe they don’t see a need for gg.

Unpopular opinion time, but GG is my favorite version of SM. We're going in October for our first fall trip since our last fall living locally back in 2013, and for me a large part of the benefit is GG. Obviously it's not a deal breaker, but I'd be so sad if it doesn't come back! Even DH says GG is his favorite and he's a huge SW fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!