Hypothetical How Would You Feel If Disneyland Reopens With These Restrictions

If I were local, I’d comply with all of this happily to get inside the park.

But traveling from out of state when I only come twice a year (I know, “only” right haha) it’s not worth it to me. I’d rather wait it out until next summer.

But if it turns out this would be a new normal for past this year, I’d deal with it just to experience Disneyland and make do.

(I hope the mods don’t close this board like the one the other day- it’s nice to have some topics going like this in a separate space from the main closure board which had mainly been focused on APs, refunds, etc. lately)

I travel international and only once a year, so to me I will comply with whatever measures Disney put in place when the parks reopen.

One thing I am planning to do, is have a wipes with me, which I will wrap around things like the Buzz guns, or the hand rails on rides. I will also bring a mask with me and if Disney don't enforce social distancing like having spaces marked out on the ground I will tell people to stay back. Yes I will be THAT person and I don't care if people call me rude.

I just don’t see how the parks could fully operate while creating distance. They’d have to severely limit attendance capacity to make it open. But I suppose, that’s better than nothing in their eyes.

And at first it’d probably mainly be locals visiting so I guess that could work out for awhile to try and bring in some revenue.

Hand washing and sanitizer stations are probably the best bets but I’m sure many more changes will be in store as well...and as mentioned some will be more to make people feel better rather than increase safety.
To be honest I’m more concerned with the thought of losing entertainment. Disney will be able to get away with canceling theater shows and nighttime shows in the name of health and safety while saving tons of money. This is at the expense of the guest experience.... I’m not ready to wrap my head around the DL experience without Fireworks,F!, and WOC. 😔

While I love Fantasmic, if Disney cancelled it and the fireworks, WOC, and the parades, it would not be a deal breaker for me. For the theatres such as Mr Lincoln, Tiki Room, Fantasyland Theatre or on the train carriages they can take out seats

(I hope the mods don’t close this board like the one the other day- it’s nice to have some topics going like this in a separate space from the main closure board which had mainly been focused on APs, refunds, etc. lately)
Wholeheartedly agree.
Masks are really only effective if you wear them properly and have good hygiene prior to putting them on and off your face.
plus the really only effective mask is the N95 or equivalent mask that should only be used by health care workers right now (and even these masks need to be fitted individually to the person or they are not totally effective. We are fit tested every 2 yrs for these). Regular masks really only help a sick person not spread droplets when they cough from reaching others, smaller airborne particles can still potentially be a problem. Masks can help but people should not be lax in their attention to situational hygiene.

Im just playing a waiting game. Planning on going first week of December, we are a family of 4 and have been saving up for a long time to go. I really dont want to do it if there are tons of restrictions in place. I want my kids to have fun and not be constantly standing 6 feet apart and worrying about masks and touching things. I have 8 year old twins that eat a ton, so i was really stoked about the free hotel breakfast to load them up and save us money. If thats a no go, if things are still very restricted by December, we will cancel and wait until later in 2021. Just hoping for the best. Might be the only really lux trip we ever take before the kids get too big to want to do their own thing..its very important to me that we have the whole experience, even if that means waiting. We have till the end of November to see what happens. I am just not the type of person who wants to settle.

Im just playing a waiting game. Planning on going first week of December, we are a family of 4 and have been saving up for a long time to go. I really dont want to do it if there are tons of restrictions in place. I want my kids to have fun and not be constantly standing 6 feet apart and worrying about masks and touching things. I have 8 year old twins that eat a ton, so i was really stoked about the free hotel breakfast to load them up and save us money. If thats a no go, if things are still very restricted by December, we will cancel and wait until later in 2021. Just hoping for the best. Might be the only really lux trip we ever take before the kids get too big to want to do their own thing..its very important to me that we have the whole experience, even if that means waiting. We have till the end of November to see what happens. I am just not the type of person who wants to settle.
Well put.

We are in the same boat. have been saving up for (our cancelled) trip next month for about 1 yr now. If we have to wait till Mid 2021 so be it, heck it will give me more time to save even more money so I can build 2 Light sabers instead of just the one I was originally planning to build :D

When I think more about it, even the rails on rides likely hold just as many germs as Buzz and TS.

Maybe if people had to sanitize before riding? But you’d need a lot of sanitizer!

Realistically there’s not all that much you can do besides to implement measures that make people feel better and encourage them to come... Either way there’s risk.

Just IMHO - no need to get into a discussion, but I think the glove and face masks are theater. Gloves, as discussed, need to be changed frequently and do you no good if you touch your face with a gloved hand. Masks don't keep you from getting sick and people are touching them ALL THE TIME. If opening the park is dependent on either it seems like a no-go.

I'm OK with the no evening fireworks or packed theaters. Remember they tried to run theaters with reduced audiences and quickly shut them down.

I'd be OK with reduced park capacity - that seems like it would work very well. Treat it like a concert - once it sells out you don't get in. You did buy your date-based tickets 6 months ahead of your trip, right?

6 foot rule marks on the ground seems impractical if you don't reduce capacity - that's A LOT of tape!

I'm OK with no character interactions.

I'm OK with no buffets.

Really the biggest risk I see are the surfaces. Handrails, que chains, counter tops, hand holds on ride vehicles - the list goes on and is ridiculously long. That seems like a deal breaker.

I would do it but I don’t Disney would enforce any of it. They never enforced camping out for parades or other things, so why this? Maybe I’m too skeptical but I don’t see it working even if they tried.

The camping out for parades is an internal operational issue, the social distancing regulations are external Government.

They might be a bit more pro active with the enforcement's if they were State regulations from The Governor of California or if by enforcing them voluntarily without state regulations increased public confidence, which in turn increased revenue.

I would do it but I don’t Disney would enforce any of it. They never enforced camping out for parades or other things, so why this? Maybe I’m too skeptical but I don’t see it working even if they tried.
camping out for parades isn’t exactly a CDC mandated guideline. remember disney will need to follow strict precautions laid by the feds much like starbucks, safeway, walmart, mcdonald’s, etc etc when those businesses open

but I think the glove and face masks are theater. Gloves, as discussed, need to be changed frequently and do you no good if you touch your face with a gloved hand. Masks don't keep you from getting sick and people are touching them ALL THE TIME
A polite and intelligent discourse of ideas and information (which i feel this is) is a good thing. For most of the general public i would agree with you as people don't know or understand the proper use of PPE (personal protective equipment) so yes the impact would be somewhat limiting but for health care workers the use of proper masks and gloves and gowns are essential and do provide important protection.

Oh another thing to consider is how in the world could they have parades, fireworks, and shows while creating distance? It just wouldn’t be possible.

The main memory that comes to mind for me is when we came for the holidays and sat two hours to reserve our front row spot and about ten minutes before showtime these random people squeezed in and tried to sit on our blanket with us shoulder to shoulder! Ha ha. You know how people get at those things.

I was thinking about this last night. We were at Disneyland on 3/5 and saw the new parade. We managed to grab a spot where we weren’t on top of other people, but OMG. If there was a situation to catch COVID, that’s it.

We were supposed to go in June. It was supposed to be the most perfect birthday ever. We decided that maybe the end of September would be a better time to go. However, if all those restrictions are in place, I think we would rather hang on to the tickets and go next year instead. Maybe I had the perfect trip built up in my head, but masks and the lack of entertainment just don’t fit in that image. I’ll just keep dreaming.

When I think more about it, even the rails on rides likely hold just as many germs as Buzz and TS.

Maybe if people had to sanitize before riding? But you’d need a lot of sanitizer!

Realistically there’s not all that much you can do besides to implement measures that make people feel better and encourage them to come... Either way there’s risk.

I went through 3 or 4 bottles of travel sanitizer on a DAY trip on 3/5, and this was with constant stopping in the bathroom to wash with soap and water.

I don’t want it to open when you can’t have the proper experience. What time would you have to turn up to get in? 6am? Impossible to get reservations on flex pass. No fireworks/parades/character photos. No eating popcorn whilst walking down Main Street. Need a drink? Can you just take your mask off as often as you want? Plus the science says most masks only work for a limited period. A lot of kids wouldn’t understand.

If it does open with that kind of restrictions, and people want to go, then fair play to them, but I hope they honour the refunds until they can offer a fuller experience and guaranteed entry if you arrive by the time the park opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter