Hypothetical How Would You Feel If Disneyland Reopens With These Restrictions

Being local to Disneyland, I would probably be willing to comply with the restrictions. On the other hand, I have a WDW trip planned in September of this year. I will make a final decision in July if I will keep it, but if there are restrictions like this, I will probably go ahead and cancel it. 1 day of fun near home with restrictions is fine ---- almost 2 weeks at WDW, I think I will pass.

A polite and intelligent discourse of ideas and information (which i feel this is) is a good thing. For most of the general public i would agree with you as people don't know or understand the proper use of PPE (personal protective equipment) so yes the impact would be somewhat limiting but for health care workers the use of proper masks and gloves and gowns are essential and do provide important protection.
No argument there. We are talking about the GP here though, so if you are requiring everyone to wear PPE to open the parks that really seems like it's not going to do much good.

The camping out for parades is an internal operational issue, the social distancing regulations are external Government.

They might be a bit more pro active with the enforcement's if they were State regulations from The Governor of California or if by enforcing them voluntarily without state regulations increased public confidence, which in turn increased revenue.
Maybe

camping out for parades isn’t exactly a CDC mandated guideline. remember disney will need to follow strict precautions laid by the feds much like starbucks, safeway, walmart, mcdonald’s, etc etc when those businesses open
I get that but I can’t see that happening. Hard to imagine enough CMs walking around enforcing everything. There will always be people who don’t want to follow rules, like the parade thing

We would not go. And here is why:

we are not local. We have managed to go about once per year and we spend a good chunk of change as we like to do extras and things. The price is the price for flights/hotels/tickets and so there isn’t a “discount” to go with these additional things. I feel Those things listed would greatly impact to our expirence and many of the reasons we got to disneyland. I cannot imagine taking my princess obsessed 4 year old to Disneyland and telling her she can only look at the princesses. or telling my son we can only wave at Mickey. we would be sad but I would gladly push our trips out because when I spend that kind of money it’s because there is an expirence I’m hoping for.

The only thing I might be willing to do is a solo trip. But when that I just fell kind meh about. Disney with all those restricts isn’t “disney” to me. It doesn’t give me the feeling in look for when going to Disney.

Gloves are pointless. I would not wear a mask for 12plus hours on vacation. Temperature checks are pointless. I am certain I had covid-19 and never ran a fever, most people are carriers and get no symptoms and if someone wanted to go that bad they would just take Motrin. And you can be contagious before showing symptoms. How would it even be possible to social distance at Disneyland?
We have been planning our 3rd ever trip to Disneyland for a year when it shut down 8 days before we were suppose to leave. I’d love to come this summer but I won’t come if they put those measures in place. We will do the same as a flu season, wash our hands before eating and not touch our faces. If we were high risk we wouldn’t come.
I am very pro vaccine but there is no way I would get a vaccination that’s been rushed to get done without proper testing.

... (I hope the mods don’t close this board like the one the other day- it’s nice to have some topics going like this in a separate space from the main closure board which had mainly been focused on APs, refunds, etc. lately)
That other thread was closed by a webmaster because the original post should have been asked in the DLR Closure Superthread to begin with. The topic was covered by the superthread and all the subsequent discussion should have happened in that superthread. If you think the superthread is focusing too much on one particular topic, ask another question and change the topic. No rule saying you can't as long as your question is covered by that thread. This thread is fine, since the title makes clear that the topic is hypothetical, not factual. And this thread will remain open as long as all participants follow the DIS rules and guidelines, keeping all posts respectful, courteous, and on topic.
Now, carry on, DISers!

If you think the superthread is focusing too much on one particular topic, ask another question and change the topic.

Oh I know, I just don't want to take away from people with more pressing concerns that are trying to deal with tickets already purchased, canceled trips, etc. Especially since all my concerns/questions/etc. are all hypothetical at this point since we're not coming (if we still are...) until the summer. Thanks for letting us keep this one!

per governor Newsom as of today 4/15

"“Normal, it will not be until we have herd immunity and a vaccine. You may be having dinner with the waiter wearing gloves and maybe a face mask...where your temperature is checked before walking in. These are likely scenarios."

I would go, but I agree with the other posters who have said gloves and masks probably aren’t being used effectively enough to matter. (Watched a grocery clerk touch his face with the glove on.). I love the idea of hand washing stations and sanitizer stations (or cast members spraying hands before queueing / boarding?). I’m even ok with temperature checks as even if it doesn’t weed out corona virus, who should be coming into the park with a fever from any illness?

I think this whole thing changes (or should change) how we go about life when sick. How many people drag sick kids to Disney because they are there and don’t want to not go. How many of us take cold medicine and go to work anyway. How many people lie on a health questionnaire before getting on a cruise ship.

I think this whole thing changes (or should change) how we go about life when sick. How many people drag sick kids to Disney because they are there and don’t want to not go. How many of us take cold medicine and go to work anyway. How many people lie on a health questionnaire before getting on a cruise ship.

Completely agree with this.... as a society we HAVE to stop going about our daily lives when we are sick. We ALL do it. I’ve gone to the grocery store before with a mild cold because we needed food. I’ve let my kids go to school with a mild runny nose and no other symptoms. Not anymore. No one is leaving this house ever again unless they’re 💯 healthy.

Places need to make it easier and less expensive to cancel trips last minute for illness. That’s a big reason why people don’t cancel.... you’ve spent all of this money on airfare and hotels and tickets, and no refunds. We save, as I’d imagine most people do, for our vacations. So I understand why people go sick when they’ve been saving for a year or more and can’t get a refund. The airlines are the worst... most of them make it so difficult and expensive to even get a flight credit. It’s shameful.

I have zero problem with mitigation measures are long as they are actual measures that help and not just theater to give the appearance of doing something.

Taking temps for one is virtually worthless as we are learning cuz so many that test positive are asymptomatic and gloves worn for more than a single task use do nothing additional to prevent spread.

Stop buffets and meet and greets for a while, that seems more practical...but then you have attractions like Buzz and Toy Story where countless people an hour are touching the guns.

At some point personal responsibility for hygiene and individual risk tolerance assessment will need to be a thing to carry on as a society vs it being dictated to the lowest common denominator.
It's really most attractions at this point. How many rides are there where you "pull down on the safety bar" Even on pirates, many people reach out and touch the seat in front of them when going down the hill.

Making people feel safe and putting in measures to protect people are two different things. Why bother with the safety theater if it’s not an effective measure? There will always be some risk of getting sick when in a public place. The experience of visiting someplace like Disneyland is going to be very different if all these rumored changes take place. 😔

There was an article I read today talking about the possibility of what they are calling a "Health Passport". In essence you would go to your family doctor just before traveling to get checked out and be able to travel if you were healthy.

There was an article I read today talking about the possibility of what they are calling a "Health Passport". In essence you would go to your family doctor just before traveling to get checked out and be able to travel if you were healthy.
That seems fleeting, at best. Yes, you might be healthy when the doctor gives you a check-up. An hour after you leave the doctor's office you might come down with something while stopping at the store, AAA, gas station, airport, etc. Doesn't seem all that helpful.

That seems fleeting, at best. Yes, you might be healthy when the doctor gives you a check-up. An hour after you leave the doctor's office you might come down with something while stopping at the store, AAA, gas station, airport, etc. Doesn't seem all that helpful.
Still better than no one knowing, especially considering people are not likely to be forthcoming with symptoms at the gate after traveling and such. Unfortunately, a lot of the rules in place will have to consider folks not taking things seriously or not wanting to have wasted money.

Making people feel safe and putting in measures to protect people are two different things. Why bother with the safety theater if it’s not an effective measure? There will always be some risk of getting sick when in a public place. The experience of visiting someplace like Disneyland is going to be very different if all these rumored changes take place. 😔
considering TSA is essentially that, it seems like security theater is something that people feel better about things :) also i'm sure they're not likely to want to change things just to make it feel safer if it prohibits guests too much, there will definitely be a balance.

I saw this posted on FB today. Obviously take it with a grain of salt since it’s not coming from Disney directly https://www.disneyfanatic.com/guidelines-for-reopening-florida-theme-parks-finally-announced/

A few issues I see with all of this are-

1. Everyone keeps referring to a vaccine but you cannot force anyone to get vaccinated. How many millions of people skip a flu vaccine? How many people refuse to get their kids vaccinated?

2. Social distancing cannot be done at DL. There is not enough room period. Think of the bag check lines, the esplanade in the morning, the tight queue lines. There is not enough space for that amount of people to stay 6 ft apart even at half capacity. That being said I 100% think parades and nighttime entertainment will be cancelled as that is one thing that can be controlled.

3. How profitable would the parks be running at half capacity? Lower ticket sales, lower food sales, lower souvenir sales with about the same overhead costs as a normal day....

4. If they did open at half capacity how do they figure out who gets in and who doesn’t? A lottery? I can’t see people spending hundreds or thousands with no guarantee of getting in. Based on how terrible the shopDisney.com site is I doubt they could do an online reservation system, it would be WAY to overloaded.

I agree with the PP that mask etc are just for show. Additional sanitation of attractions, queues, and public areas should be top priority as should the availability of hand washing and/or hand sanitizer stations throughout. I’m not a germaphobe but am more conscientious about using sanitizer when leave a store and washing my hands right when I get home. This would carry over to my behavior once things start reopening.

Also I saw a comment and federal regulations about social distancing etc. I’m pretty these are not federal mandates but done at the state level otherwise each state would be following the same rules. So WDW May open sooner since FL seems to be more relaxed on their rules than CA is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7.c...vid-19-mayor-eric-garcetti-residents/6138729/
wasn’t sure if this would apply to the main closure thread. But all LA county residents can get tested now, symptoms or not. The good thing is that it can appeas the Governor’s wants of increasing testing. The mayor of LA mentioned he wants to reopen the city in the next 2-6 weeks so hopefully this will get things going in the right direction.

How many millions of people skip a flu vaccine? How many people refuse to get their kids vaccinated?
Very very true, and very unfortunate that some people feel this way.

Social distancing cannot be done at DL
!00% agree. Disney can try but it will be virtually impossible to "police" this properly. Safety theater only.

How profitable would the parks be running at half capacity?
No idea what break even on a day to day operational basis is for Disneyland but I would think that they would make a profit @ half capacity. Obviously not as much as they would normally make but I would think there would be some profit to be made.

If they did open at half capacity how do they figure out who gets in and who doesn’t? A lottery? I can’t see people spending hundreds or thousands with no guarantee of getting in
This is an interesting one. They might block all local AP's for the 1st little while to allow for tourist visitors to get in but if they do this they run the risk of alienating AP holders which is a no win situation. A daily lottery system perhaps, but this would hold a myriad of problems. Its one thing not getting your ROTR pass but not getting into the park at all well that would be really difficult for people to swallow. I could see them making it a situation where if you are staying at a Disney property hotel you are guaranteed daily admission, but again I could see major push back from various groups if this were to happen. Could they make a system like doing ADR's for dining at WDW 90 days out but for this you are actually booking your park days?

Things are going to be interesting to say the least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!