I’m new here but I want to know any good tips and ideas for a first tile solo Disney visit

Kcbell92

Earning My Ears
I was wondering since I’m traveling solo in March 2021 currently not officially but probably, I have never Been to Disney believe it or not and I know it’s grown so much since I was Supposed to Go about 20 years ago. So is there any good tips for rides attractions themed areas and shops and restaurants, im a YouTube vlogger so I like recording my experiences if there’s any good area for that

Watch the WDW vloggers like Allears.net (Molly), Mickey Views, Jen Lefforge and Tim Tracker... and don’t miss the Disney Parks YouTube channel.
How old are you? How many days will you be there?
Start with Magic Kingdom.
Don’t expect to be able to do everything.
Have a great time!

I’m 28 I do know some of them as I watch Disney and universal videos but don’t watch the Whole thing I’ll be there 3-4 days , but as it’s my first time that’s why I was wondering where’s best to start

KC,

I have not been since the pandemic started, so it's a little harder to give you useful tips. I am heading down in a little more than a week and might be able to help you out after my trip. For planning, you should figure out which parks you want to visit and in what order. I think the current restrictions will still be in effect come March 2021 (I hope I am wrong, but you should plan like I'm not).

I would also browse the restaurants and decide where in each park you want to eat if you're planning to have a table service instead of all counter service. There are quite a few restaurants open, but a lot that are not, and getting reservations can be a pain the closer the date is.

My best piece of advice stands, pandemic or no, have fun! Don't worry one iota about what other folks might think of you being solo. 99.9% of the people aren't going to notice if you are with someone else or not. They're going about their day and not paying attention to yours. Even when dining, they may see, but no one cares! I've had other diners strike up conversations, and take character photos for me. Cast Members have been great as well; they enjoy talking to guests in parties of one or ten.

Enjoy,
Frank

I would do research on each of the parks and rank them according to which is your favorite. I would plan to visit the lower-ranked parks first and save the favorite park for last. If MK is your number one choice and you visit it first, the other parks might not be as exciting. All of the parks are great, but they are different.

My hint would be not to back track too much. Have a plan to go in a loop around the parks. Backtracking wastes time.

Watch videos about the rides to pick your favorites.

Take in the landscaping. It's unique. Ride queues are very interesting, too.

I would splurge on any special experiences that may be available. For example, Lunch with an Imagineer would be on my list, if available when you go.

KC,

I have not been since the pandemic started, so it's a little harder to give you useful tips. I am heading down in a little more than a week and might be able to help you out after my trip. For planning, you should figure out which parks you want to visit and in what order. I think the current restrictions will still be in effect come March 2021 (I hope I am wrong, but you should plan like I'm not).

I would also browse the restaurants and decide where in each park you want to eat if you're planning to have a table service instead of all counter service. There are quite a few restaurants open, but a lot that are not, and getting reservations can be a pain the closer the date is.

My best piece of advice stands, pandemic or no, have fun! Don't worry one iota about what other folks might think of you being solo. 99.9% of the people aren't going to notice if you are with someone else or not. They're going about their day and not paying attention to yours. Even when dining, they may see, but no one cares! I've had other diners strike up conversations, and take character photos for me. Cast Members have been great as well; they enjoy talking to guests in parties of one or ten.

Enjoy,
Frank
I agree on the part that no one is going to notice or care that you are solo. The only Disney trip I have ever made where I knew folks in line were staring at me, and not in a good way, was last September when I was on the Backstage Magic Adventures by Disney. Well, the group was being admitted onto rides via thru the exit and we were cutting the lines but those folks could book the same trip and get VIP treatment also.

Thanks for all your advice I’m gonna begin watching more videos and researching the best options Based off the parks and what they have to offer and such but for the best rides and ride waiting experiences and such to Vlog even shops and restaurants, any parks stick out above others on Disney parks?

Each park is very different and holds the interest of folks based upon the individual. As a first trip - I think you should plan 4-5 days - giving yourself a full day for each park. If you can swing it financially - plan for 5 full park days so you can revisit your favorite park a second day. Each park has a least 2-3 showcase rides that most folks view as "top highlight" of WDW, though MK does have the most rides overall. Each park has a "main" shopping area of Disney merchandise and with the exception of the park-specific merchandise, a lot of it is the same (though not completely) - however right now the one at Epcot is displaced due to construction - and nobody knows when that will end right now. As for dining - again - at each park there are "favorites" - but its going to depend on your budget and your food preferences to say which ones are right for you. For researching restaurants - I highly recommend the dining reviews on allears.net, reading the menus on the Disney site itself, and the dining board here. I'd suggest starting with solidifying the number of park days, transportation to and from WDW, and where you really hope to stay first.

There are more Disney experience videos out there than one can watch - I think its overwhelming. I tend to focus on the specific experience when I search those vs a particular vlogger. Besides this site - I recommend allears.net. My niece (who is 10!) seems to be constantly watching Tim Tracker videos even when she knows another trip could be a year away - so that would be her recommendation!

Planning is half the fun - so enjoy! And don't worry about being solo! If you do want advice based on "being solo" at Disney - I think this particular board is the best out there for that - there are alot of good folks here that post great advice for solos.

Thank you for the continued advice, every day that gets closer to the new year and hopefully a much better 2021 for the world and America of course, I start to prepare for my trip. I’m gonna book the flight and trip tickets in January 2021 by then I should have a better idea what I can do and where I can go in the parks, I can’t see it being worse by March 2021! I can’t wait to research more details of where I can go and what’s the best places and experiences to record on vlogs, but yes 4-5 days seems more logical for a first time experience in a Vlog

Just two tips I can think of off-hand, after 20+ solo trips. For one thing, talk to the CMs. For some reason, they often LOVE to talk to solos. I once said to a CM "Boy, I wish you'd retire so I could have this job-it looks interesting!" That lead to her telling me all about her job, advantages and disadvantages. I once told a CM as I got on a ride "I'll be looking for Hidden Mickeys". That led to me getting 3 rides in a row (without getting off) as they told me where more and more Hidden Mickeys were each time.
The other thing concerns dining. When you check in, make sure you let them know that you're solo and would like a table with "something to see". Be sure to be nice, not demanding! I've gotten some lovely views, makes the time go by so much faster. At QS, eat at off-times. The only disadvantage of solo trips is that you've got no one to "save" a table, so if it's busy, you could easily end up standing with your tray looking for a spot, as your food gets colder.

I’m 28 I do know some of them as I watch Disney and universal videos but don’t watch the Whole thing I’ll be there 3-4 days , but as it’s my first time that’s why I was wondering where’s best to start

Ok dude, We are going to need to ask a few simple questions. Where are you staying? How many days do you plan to be in the parks?

I’m gonna book a stay soon but not sure where the best place to stay is, also about 3-4 days minimum

Don’t underestimate how much walking you will do. I’m sure someone here can give exact distances, but if you take the bus from your resort to the Magic Kingdom it’s a good 1/3 mile from the bus depot to the entrance.

Secondly, use Amazon or a Garden Grocer (research to see who Disney is allowing to make deliveries) to get bottled water delivered to your resort.

Lastly, don’t overplan.

I’m gonna book a stay soon but not sure where the best place to stay is, also about 3-4 days minimum

I would skip animal kingdom all together right now. It just wouldn’t be a necessary visit for me right now without the festival of the lion King.

start your first day at Epcot. Drink around the world and try to meet someone to spend the next couple of days with. Enjoy three days with the guy and ever call him again. Eat andride frozen ever after, go to Japan and buy some Japanese candy, cool off on the Mexican Pavilion. Then go back to your hotel area, have some drinks and let him buy you a nice dinner. Make sure to order the most expensive stuff off of the menu.

Start day two with a quick service breakfast at the hotel, maybe a quick dip in the pool and then head to Hollywood studios. Casually enjoy the park, check out the Muppets, Star Wars and toy story lands. I would take the boat over to Disney springs for dinner. Make him pay and again and spend big. Go to the world of Disney store and let him buy you something there too. Then spend the rest of the night at Disney springs and have a few cocktails.

go to Magic Kingdom for the third day. I would get there early I will check out every inch of that park spend the entire day there until they kick you out.

The final day would be a pool day and a nice lunch.

Send us a post card

I would skip animal kingdom all together right now. It just wouldn’t be a necessary visit for me right now without the festival of the lion King.

start your first day at Epcot. Drink around the world and try to meet someone to spend the next couple of days with. Enjoy three days with the guy and ever call him again. Eat andride frozen ever after, go to Japan and buy some Japanese candy, cool off on the Mexican Pavilion. Then go back to your hotel area, have some drinks and let him buy you a nice dinner. Make sure to order the most expensive stuff off of the menu.

Start day two with a quick service breakfast at the hotel, maybe a quick dip in the pool and then head to Hollywood studios. Casually enjoy the park, check out the Muppets, Star Wars and toy story lands. I would take the boat over to Disney springs for dinner. Make him pay and again and spend big. Go to the world of Disney store and let him buy you something there too. Then spend the rest of the night at Disney springs and have a few cocktails.

go to Magic Kingdom for the third day. I would get there early I will check out every inch of that park spend the entire day there until they kick you out.

The final day would be a pool day and a nice lunch.

Send us a post card
LOL! If I had to skip a park right now, it would be Epcot! AK has FOP and animals, favorites of mine (though I agreed, lack of FOTLK is a loss right now). And I go solo to be SOLO - last thing I want is company when I go! (Though, yes, some solos do like meet-ups.) Hence - my earlier point of decisions are different based on you.

LOL! If I had to skip a park right now, it would be Epcot! AK has FOP and animals, favorites of mine (though I agreed, lack of FOTLK is a loss right now). And I go solo to be SOLO - last thing I want is company when I go! (Though, yes, some solos do like meet-ups.) Hence - my earlier point of decisions are different based on you.

Why would you skip Epcot?

Why would you skip Epcot?
I'd prefer NOT to skip any park, but Epcot would be the one I skipped right now. It needs more rides (and it is getting more). Both Soarin' and Mission Space make me so motion sick it ruins my day. I can only browse shops so long. Too many of the entertainment features have no seating. While I love the food stands during festivals, I really dislike standing and eating. And despite my love of fun alcoholic drinks, my alcohol tolerance is pathetic. I love going to Epcot, but if I had to pick only three parks, it would lose. In general, it needs more relaxation spots with seats in the shade. It has some - but not enough for the crowds Disney normally packs in.

Epcot is worth visiting just for Living With the Land AKA the last great edutainment ride. Epcot may still be a mess by next March, but if park hopping is back you could enjoy it in half-day chunks.

I don't know where you're staying, but if you have Marriott status or Bonvoy points, you could maybe get a good deal at the Swan or Dolphin. You can't boop to pay with a Magic Band if you stay there, but they're lovely and you could still walk/boat/Skyliner to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

The Skyliner makes visiting different hotels fun and easy like the Monorail does. Stopping off at Riviera or Pop Century for a snack and a walk can be a nice breather. (plus, sitting in the gondola is relatively peaceful compared to a bus.)

You're gonna do great. Solo is super fun. If you don't worry about having a perfectly optimized trip, it's impossible to have a bad time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!