"I am an Instagram boyfriend"

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I didn't really know this was a thing until I saw this Taco Bell commercial:

]

Now my wife has occasionally asked me to take a photo for her that she would eventually use for social media, but she never posts it anywhere public. I've seen people getting into issues where they seem to be obsessed with getting the perfect photo or selfie (and haven't some people died?) but I guess this rather captures the zeitgeist.

My DH and I joke that he is my Instagram husband. We haven't gotten to the extreme yet but I'll admit sometime I might try his patience trying to get the perfect shot. But I also do travel blogging so some of it is business-related.

I take most of my own pictures for my IG but I did ask my husband to take a picture of me in Hawaii in an infinity edge pool looking out at the ocean and to the the angle *he* wanted we ended up laying on the pool deck to line it up lol. When I looked over to ask what was taking so long I teased him about the lengths he was going to for the shot and the older lady in the pool chair beside him assured me he was getting a great shot, haha.

I took that as a veiled hint that Taco Bell could avoid a lawsuit if they toss some money their way.

Maybe offer his a year's worth of rolled tacos? And he should take them off on said offer unless he's willing to deal with Yum's attorneys.

I take most of my own pictures for my IG but I did ask my husband to take a picture of me in Hawaii in an infinity edge pool looking out at the ocean and to the the angle *he* wanted we ended up laying on the pool deck to line it up lol. When I looked over to ask what was taking so long I teased him about the lengths he was going to for the shot and the older lady in the pool chair beside him assured me he was getting a great shot, haha.

I mean - I've been annoyed with my wife when she wanted the "perfect" photo. I think the worst was when I took about half hour trying to get a photo for a passport until there was a shot she found acceptable enough to get printed. But then again she's very selective about any photo that she shows on her social media. And then it's mostly landscape shots without her. But we're older and not necessarily tethered to social media.

I mean - I've been annoyed with my wife when she wanted the "perfect" photo. I think the worst was when I took about half hour trying to get a photo for a passport until there was a shot she found acceptable enough to get printed. But then again she's very selective about any photo that she shows on her social media. And then it's mostly landscape shots without her. But we're older and not necessarily tethered to social media.

It's not like I asked him to lay on the floor lol. I just asked him to take a picture of me and then wondered why it was taking forever to take it and realized he was laying on the ground lining up this shot.

Last year on the 4th of July, we were at DS’s friend’s house watching them set off fireworks. There was a group of teen girls on the lawn trying to get the perfect photos of themselves and each other with sparklers. It was kind of ridiculous. Meanwhile, everyone else was watching the fireworks in the street. When the girls finally came over to watch, the fireworks were over.

It’s like people are so busy trying to film and share their lives that they’re missing it. Same with people who watch Disney fireworks through their phones and iPads. They want the perfect video to share with their friends. Why would you watch through a screen when real live fireworks are happening right in front of you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter