I am at my wits end- dog question UPDATE

Aww, thanks. A cutie! Now I know how to picture him when you talk about him - black and white.

You said it's hot there, right? He's just laying down trying to stay cool with his head on the floor. I went over to let my neighbor's dog out on one of our super hot days recently and he was doing the same thing.

Do you do his grooming yourself? I have a dog now, for the first time, who has to be groomed. It's been challenging.

Oh, and a nice framed picture of him would make a great gift for your husband sometime! (I'm always thinking of these things!)

Do you take the dog to the groomer?

He has been to the groomer and we’ll take him again at some point but for now my husband does the grooming. He’s a little shaggy now because he had a bath and he dries funny lol

Here’s a pic of him that my daughter took a few days ago

67E5D4C3-9309-422F-9A8B-0F2C3EC441AC.jpeg

He has been to the groomer and we’ll take him again at some point but for now my husband does the grooming. He’s a little shaggy now because he had a bath and he dries funny lol

Here’s a pic of him that my daughter took a few days ago

View attachment 338482
Much better! This just put a huge smile on my face!! Adorable!! And seems happy!

I hope you don't mind, I cropped it a little to make it a great picture for framing if you want to. (Seems your DD has an eye for photography! Not surprising since you said she is into Art. My DD does, too.)

You should've seen my dog a few weeks ago. Even with taking him to the groomer, who tends to keep his hair too long, he still seemed shaggy, too. (But to a degree, he's supposed to look that way anyway.) I'd dabbled in his grooming before, but picked up some wireless clippers from WalMart last month (best thing ever without the cord!) and fixed him up. Seems silly to pay a groomer AND have to do it myself, but it's hard to figure out what to do sometimes since he has an undercoat that needs to come out. But I digress...)

IMG_0709.JPG

Awww what a cutie. I was just asking because one of my dogs who is going on 14, is just a mess with her fur.

We had to start taking to the groomers due to mats. I guess old age means more sleeping and more mats in their fur.

Now she can't go to groomer, too old to stand for that time period.

If she was shaved she would run around like a puppy.

Good luck with the dog. I know they are a PITA at times.

Check out the wireless clippers, TMM. They're in the pet supply section. It would be easy enough to do yourself. (Add it to the list!!!) We use the blade cover that leaves the hair the longest, but still gives a good clipping. They include several in the kit. You can play around to see what works best for you.

ETA this is the one we got. I forgot, it is "low noise", also, which is helpful to the dog's anxiety level while being clipped. Good product. Link includes video. Cost is the same as one grooming (for us, anyway).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wahl-Lit...arge-Dogs-Thick-Coats-Cats-Horse-Bra/22403027

Last edited:

Check out the wireless clippers, TMM. They're in the pet supply section. It would be easy enough to do yourself. (Add it to the list!!!) We use the blade cover that leaves the hair the longest, but still gives a good clipping. They include several in the kit. You can play around to see what works best for you.

ETA this is the one we got. I forgot, it is "low noise", also, which is helpful to the dog's anxiety level while being clipped. Good product. Link includes video. Cost is the same as one grooming (for us, anyway).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wahl-Lit...arge-Dogs-Thick-Coats-Cats-Horse-Bra/22403027

THANK YOU!

I will try them out. :disrocks:

We use wireless clippers too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter