I am having an issue

Thingamabob06

Earning My Ears
I read that a member needs 10 posts before being allowed a personal avatar photo and I have been passed that for many hours now and still am not able to add one. I am also only allowed to post 3 posts at a time before a time restriction is given to me before I can make another post. My question is when is this going to be lifted for me. I have made 20 legitimate posts now and would really like to be more active on the forum?

Thank You

I read that a member needs 10 posts before being allowed a personal avatar photo and I have been passed that for many hours now and still am not able to add one. I am also only allowed to post 3 posts at a time before a time restriction is given to me before I can make another post. My question is when is this going to be lifted for me. I have made 20 legitimate posts now and would really like to be more active on the forum?

Thank You
Besides the minimum post number, you have to be a member for 24 hours before the options open for you. Looks like you have about 5 hours to go.

Besides the minimum post number, you have to be a member for 24 hours before the options open for you. Looks like you have about 5 hours to go.
Thank You for that information. Just a suggestion that bit of information I think should be added to the post about adding avatars and signatures so this sort of confusion doesn't occur again. Just saying. Right now it seems like all a new member has to do is make 10 posts and then wait like 20 to 30 minutes or so until a moderator changes the account and then they are good to go. They is no information about this only being able to make 3 posts and then having to wait like 50 minutes every time to make another 3 posts. That stuff should be added to that post so members don't get confused. Don't get me wrong because I think it is great that this board is taking good measures to keep spammers away.

Thank You for that information. Just a suggestion that bit of information I think should be added to the post about adding avatars and signatures so this sort of confusion doesn't occur again. Just saying. Right now it seems like all a new member has to do is make 10 posts and then wait like 20 to 30 minutes or so until a moderator changes the account and then they are good to go. They is no information about this only being able to make 3 posts and then having to wait like 50 minutes every time to make another 3 posts. That stuff should be added to that post so members don't get confused. Don't get me wrong because I think it is great that this board is taking good measures to keep spammers away.
The thing about waiting to post again, I don't think, is related to being new. It's part of the spambot protection here on DISboards, from what I've read. The time block out varies randomly, also depending on how many posts you've done within a specified time. It affects long time DISboards members as well as newbies.

The 24 hour part of the requirement is fairly new. Used to be only the 10 post minimum was required.

The thing about waiting to post again, I don't think, is related to being new. It's part of the spambot protection here on DISboards, from what I've read. The time block out varies randomly, also depending on how many posts you've done within a specified time. It affects long time DISboards members as well as newbies.

The 24 hour part of the requirement is fairly new. Used to be only the 10 post minimum was required.
Wow, so I may have to go on only posting 3 posts at a time and not really being able to engage into any conversation for quite sometime because I am a legitimate member here who has posted 30 legitimate posts and even received good feedback on many of them? That seems a bit strict in my opinion. I am only a kid and haven't been on many forums before and I hope they all aren't this strict. I do understand safety and all but this strict is most likely turning away good members as well who want to ask a question so they go somewhere else. I really think that is where I am headed because I am not going to deal with just posting a few posts an hour and then having to wait close to another hour to post a few more. That don't make sense.

Wow, so I may have to go on only posting 3 posts at a time and not really being able to engage into any conversation for quite sometime because I am a legitimate member here who has posted 30 legitimate posts and even received good feedback on many of them? That seems a bit strict in my opinion. I am only a kid and haven't been on many forums before and I hope they all aren't this strict. I do understand safety and all but this strict is most likely turning away good members as well who want to ask a question so they go somewhere else. I really think that is where I am headed because I am not going to deal with just posting a few posts an hour and then having to wait close to another hour to post a few more. That don't make sense.
No, the number of posts and the time length, even who gets the limit, can vary, or not even be there. It's random.

No, the number of posts and the time length, even who gets the limit, can vary, or not even be there. It's random.
I have had it since I have joined and I have to say it is rather annoying only being able to post 3 times in an hour and having to wait another hour to do the same again. It seems as if I have randomly got it every hour after I post 3 times and I have not posted anything objectionable at all. So if it is random like you say I'd gladly it go to someone else.

@PrincessShmoo I thank you for your information even though it is not going to keep me here. I have researched another Disney forum and it seems better for me even though it doesn't have a teen section but the one here is dead anyway. So I once again thank you for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter