I am most definitely crazy, but...

DisneyGirl

DIS Veteran
Seeing all you guys all psyched for the half in January, I actually went and registered for the DisneyLAND half marathon in September!! I think I noticed a couple clippies-- how many others are planning on Disneyland??

DH got me thinking about it. It looks like a blast! If we can arrange childcare for the kiddos, we may both be there.

I noticed onsite rooms are hard to come by, though. I hope we can snag a room after someone cancels.

Yes-- they were *very* hard to get, and what was left, was overly expensive-- for three nights at the Grand Californian, it was almost $1300!! It seems like there is a lot left at the "Good Neighbor" hotels, which are very close, though, and have really good rates!!

I'll be at DL! I got a great rate at the Hyatt ($139 per night). I saw the medal at the WDW Expo on Friday. It is huge and beautiful!

I'm going to try for the half-marathon at Disneyland as well. I'm new to running and I hope I'm able to do this. It's definitely a goal worth trying for.

Way to go on signing up for the DL 1/2 marathon. I know you all will do us proud. By the way DisneyGirl, I don't think you're crazy, you've set yourself a goal and you will meet it.

I'm signed up--but it may be financially impossible. There's this "little" "teeny" trip to Hawaii we are taking in October (okay--it's not little--it's TWO WEEKS!!!).

I'm just not sure. But that Castle medal!! Too tempting. What on earth will I do when they have one in Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong? B/c--you know that is just going to happen!

I sooo want to do this one. The had the castle medal at the expo this weekend. WOW it's huge!!!! It would be awesome to add it to the collection I have decided to start :upsidedow But I think it will be financially unable for me too. Also both DS will be in school then. I guess I'll just have to settle for the Minnie.

But to answer your question, no you are not crazy. I thought the same thing when I first started thinking about this 4 months ago. And continued to think I was crazy for a while. But once I really got into the training (and with all the support I got here) I realized I wasn't crazy and that I could do this. And I did. Just have a plan & work it & you will get there no problem.

Good luck!

Well, the more I thought about it, the more I'm glad I signed up! A year just seems way too long to wait for the next race, so I'm even more excited for the 1/2 at Disneyland now!!

I have Grand Californian reservations on DVC points... Now all I have to do is find cheap airfare...

I'm signed up and looking forward to it. After this weekend I know that I can do it fairly easily. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter